Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit of a tiff between cops and paramedics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a tiff between cops and paramedics.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrHGi0CZOk[/media]

I don't like the Highway Patrolmans actions or attitude.

When the paramedic came out did the patrolman even bother to find out if there was a patient? Did they know and not care? Did the cop think a traffic violation was more important than the patients health?

They did nothing to calm the situation. Instead they inflamed it. Couldn't they have dealt with the traffic violation after the patient was delivered to the hospital?

At any rate it looks like the patrolman broke the law because he interfered with and he might have even filed a false report but no charges are expected to be filed.

Below is a local attorney discussing the situation.

http://www.news9.com/Global/category...clipId=3867116
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: A bit of a tiff between cops and paramedics.

*sigh*

I feel like showing this to my dad, a Lt Det with our county, and see what he says should've happened. It scares me to think about how often this might happen.

Comment

Looks like Mr. State Trooper has a bit of an ego problem, and also looks like he might also have a problem with people other than his own race.

I hope he gets fired, loses his pension, and gets pulled over for not yielding for an emergency vehicle, which is actually going to a real life emergency.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Well, my dad said he just watched this today at work actually and conceded the officer was out of line and will likely be fired or forced out, but that he isn't sure. He also said though that the ambulance didn't have its lights on, and that it should have if it were transporting a patient to the hospital.

He also said that even though he shouldn't have been cussing at the man that came from the back, that man should not have come out and the officer even told him to get back into the ambulance. He was indeed obstructing because the issue was with the driver, but that the officer was still overstepping his bounds in how he was dealing with it.

On a similar note, I did some more YouTube-ing and saw a Fox News report (however reliable) and they said the officer just came back from Iraq, and that is a reason he gave for why he has been angry lately. I've never been to war, but I do know it's bad and I can see how he can be angry from that. Wouldn't someone realize though they are in the United States now?

Comment

The three times I redeployed, I was irritable, short with people, wary of crowds, very snappish. It isn't PTSD, it's a normal reaction for post-deployment military who've been subjected to extreme stress overseas. It's tough, because it wasn't anything I control, other than mentally chastising myself for overreacting when I got pissy.

Comment

The trooper lied. He told the driver that he didnt run up at a high rate of speed, which is a crock. Then he chastized him for failing to yield for an emergency vehicle. Well, last I checked, an ambulance IS an emergency vehicle. Also, watching the video to the comment that the ambulance lights werent on, ambulances frequently have two switches for lights: one for front, one for surround. People were obviously yielding to the ambulance (you can clearly see cars pulling over to let the bus pass), so there was SOME indication that the ambulance was in a hurry.

The cop was completely in the wrong. I can understand the PTSD/non-PTSD issue that you were talking about gillespie, but remember that this person's duties are as a civil servant, and if his mental health issues are interfering with his job, he should have the presence of mind to resign his post or take a leave of absence until he can get them under control.

Comment

Keep in mind, ambulances do not always run Code to the hospital, even if the patient is very sick. It's hard enough to do patient care in the back of an ambulance, let alone a speeding one with sirens. Many times it is more prudent to transport WITHOUT L&S.

What do I know though :D
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Didn't we bring this up already in the "Why do you hate cops" thread? Not that it can't get a topic of its own though, after all the other thread is pretty crowded and I'm sure not everyone checks every update there.

Comment

As an Okie, I am ashamed..
                  The officer should be punished, but I doubt he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                    Didn't we bring this up already in the "Why do you hate cops" thread? Not that it can't get a topic of its own though, after all the other thread is pretty crowded and I'm sure not everyone checks every update there.
                    What, not as interesting as JMS' neighbor? :D
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      The cop was completely in the wrong. I can understand the PTSD/non-PTSD issue that you were talking about gillespie, but remember that this person's duties are as a civil servant, and if his mental health issues are interfering with his job, he should have the presence of mind to resign his post or take a leave of absence until he can get them under control.
                      I should've been specific that I wasn't supporting the trooper's response, but merely responding to Capt. Splendid's comment: "Wouldn't someone realize though they are in the United States now?" Yeah, we realize it, but that sometimes does not negate the emotional reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                        I should've been specific that I wasn't supporting the trooper's response, but merely responding to Capt. Splendid's comment: "Wouldn't someone realize though they are in the United States now?" Yeah, we realize it, but that sometimes does not negate the emotional reactions.
                        One of the local stations reported he was in the Navy. Unless he was attached to a Marine outfit I don't think it would be PTSD.
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I do not have PTSD. The reactions I described are normal for everyone returning from overseas and are not associated with PTSD diagnosed patients.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                            I do not have PTSD. The reactions I described are normal for everyone returning from overseas and are not associated with PTSD diagnosed patients.
                            Well I don't know about that. When I got out after six years in the Navy I didn't notice anything like that. None of my friends did either. There was some readjusting but it didn't make me angry or irritable.

Mainly we didn't know how to handle freedom and making decisions for ourselves was alien. If anything my anxiety levels went down.

Comment

*shrugs* That's what the docs told me. They told me I was experiencing normal feelings, and they'd eventually go away. Which they did. Keep in mind this was post-deployment related stuff. The only emotion I felt upon my ETS date was an immense feeling of relief. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X