WB Rush!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB Rush!!

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/news/celebrity/sns-ap-rush-limbaugh-returns,0,2212704.story?coll=mmx-celebrity_heds

Isnt it funny that Rush gets to return to his life exactly the way it is and poor poor Courtney Love is getting tosed into jail for doing the exact same thing... ok it wasnt exactly the same thing, Love bought her own drugs and didnt have her maid do it. :?

;)

Comment

LOL

Comment

Heh... I was listening to Alan Colmes tonight and he was asking if Rush should be "forgiven". There were lots of callers with positive and negative responses, it was quite interesting to see the range of people's passionate responses.

Personally, I can forgive him for being a druggie. I can't yet forgive him for being a hypocrite, however...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Personally, I can forgive him for being a druggie. I can't yet forgive him for being a hypocrite, however...
          Amen.

What I daon't get is why his ass aint locked up. I want to know more about the police sting/maid story.

Comment

We've only been told about 20% of this Rush Linbaugh affair.

He also is always quoted in his 1995 radio show about drug use. Thats the show when he said they should be locked up etc, etc.

He pointed out on his show yesterday, that after taking the pain pills became a habit....drug use and abuse was never featured as a prominent subject on his show for over 5 years. He didn't talk about it because of his guilt, so he simply focused on politics.

His critics and those who decry him as a hypocrite HAVE to reach back to that 1995 radio show, as he never spoke on the subject at great length or emotion since then.

My father was an alcoholic, yet he still told me excessive drinking was bad. Was he a hypocrite??? Yes. Was the message sound??? Yes, it was.

Being a hypocrite is nothing more than being in a position of compromised integrity. It doesn't change the sailent truth of one's message.

Comment

oooh so its "do as I say and not what I do"... yeah that logic doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                oooh so its "do as I say and not what I do"... yeah that logic doesnt work.
                READING...it's fundamental

Raven...re-read and think on what I said.

Comment

Him being a hypocrite isnt the point of this thread though. The point is why isnt he in jail? Courtney Love is going to jail for pretty much the same thing (except what she was abusing isnt called "hill-billy herion) yet Rush gets to go back to his life? How fair is that?

Comment

He's being investigated. The fact that he isn't in jail doesn't mean that he won't be in jail.

Courtney Love was arrested while under the influence, and a drug test at the hospital provided the neccessary evidence to indict. That's my understanding, anyway. In Rush's case the matters are a bit more murky. A maid says something to a reporter...

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                      He's being investigated. The fact that he isn't in jail doesn't mean that he won't be in jail.

Courtney Love was arrested while under the influence, and a drug test at the hospital provided the neccessary evidence to indict. That's my understanding, anyway. In Rush's case the matters are a bit more murky. A maid says something to a reporter...
                      Yeah, as far as what I understand you generally only face jail time if you get caught with the drugs in your possession. Most likely, if drugs were never found on him or in his home he will get off with either nothing or something minor like community service.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
                        His critics and those who decry him as a hypocrite HAVE to reach back to that 1995 radio show, as he never spoke on the subject at great length or emotion since then.
                        I'm not talking about him talking about it at great length or emotion. His regularly hurled snide remarks about druggies and general bad attitude are enough for me...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X