Biggest Counterfeiting Scheme ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Counterfeiting Scheme ever?

I've been hearing information coming out slowly over the last week or so about a pair of men arrested at the border of Italy and Switzerland, carrying $134.5 Billion in US bonds. Information is scarce -- no one seems to be quite sure who they are, whether or not the bonds are real, or anything else. Supposedly the two are Japanese businessmen, but no one has been able to confirm that for sure. The US Treasury hasn't said much either, and has refused to confirm for sure whether or not the bonds are genuine.

If they're counterfeit, that's probably the biggest counterfeiting scheme ever, and raises interesting questions of how they planned to pass notes worth $1 Billion each without being noticed, and how they got a sample $1 Billion note to make copies of. If they're genuine, that raises all sorts of other questions in its own right. I've barely seen anyone on the news mention this story, so here's some written articles I managed to find for you:

First story

Second story

Re: Biggest Counterfeiting Scheme ever?

Makes you wonder what the dollar is going to be worth in a few years. 700 billion here, 400 billion there. Who cares, it's just paper. It's hard to imagine that at least some of that isn't tax payer money being dragged through the dirt like cheap cocaine.

Comment

I think the more interesting angle to this story is why isnt the US press reporting on this at all?

Comment

Reuters had an article on this dating to Friday. The Treasury Department had confirmed them to be fakes by then.
        BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
        CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse