Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me scare the commies :)

Hi everyone,

For those of you that don't know, I'm working over seas in the last soviet stronghold the world has to offer... Belarus. (find my other threads with pictures of soviet armor and air)

I've been here for almost 4 months now, and I've had a fair share of people ask me if I'm a spy. About half of them were kidding. The other half just pretended to be kidding.

I'd like to scare the **** out of some of these people, and I need your help :)

Our ARMA community can be pretty damn good on coms. I've had some really good times with seemingly professional communication. I'd imagine that we've got good coms all around.

If anyone's up for it... please think of a fun scripted dialog that we could do on TS.

I'd log in while others are in ear shot and we could do a brief status report, mission briefing, etc etc. Code in, use call signs, reference coords, etc etc... just some bull**** to **** with the people in the office. I'll pull up some top secret/mil docs from wiki leaks and leave that on my screen while we chat. That should be enough to scare my cube mate. :D
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Help me scare the commies :)

Watch him report you and we never hear from you again. :-p

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
      Watch him report you and we never hear from you again. :-p
      That is what I was thinking :D

You should definitely record it on TS if you go through with it ;)
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Good bye Switch, it was nice knowing you.

When you see him, tell Elvis he's still the king.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd love to hear the recording of that!

Comment

Considering the topic, please excuse the minor thread hijack...

Russia is looking to clamp down on Skype and other VoIP services

Skype, the chat client we use here at Bestofmedia, is coming under fire over in Russia, as the country's most powerful business lobby--the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs--is moving to "clamp down" on Skype and other Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone services. According to the lobby, these services are a threat to Russian business, and pose a threat to national security.

A meeting with the business lobby held earlier this week revealed that telecom executives feel threatened by the VoIP programs because they symbolize "encroaching foreign entities" and must be controlled by the government.

"Without government restrictions, IP telephony causes certain concerns about security," the lobby's press release said. "Most of the service operators working in Russia, such as Skype and ICQ (who still uses ICQ?), are foreign. It is therefore necessary to protect the native companies in this sector and so forth."

According to Reuters, the lobby is calling on regulators to stop VoIP services, as they will likely cause an uncontrolled fall in profits for the core telecom operators. The lobby forecasts that 40-percent of calls could be made through Skype and other VoIP services by 2012.

Skype was not immediately available for comment.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Skype-Ru...news-4312.html

Comment

There are completely free and open standard alternatives to Skype. You can download and install Asterisk to a PC and have your own PBX, and do all your voice calls on the Internet. All you need is some kind of white page service to find other callers. That's really all Skype is, but you don't have to use Skype for that.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/V...vice+Providers
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Just do an interpretive dance :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse