• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, why do you hate the airlines?

7 True Stories That Prove The Airlines Hate You
    http://www.cracked.com/article_17575...-hate-you.html

Doctor Flying Southwest Tries To Go To Bathroom, Ends Up In Jail
    http://consumerist.com/5053974/docto...nds-up-in-jail

I do my best to avoid flying. I'll drive a day to avoid a "one hour" flight. It may be riskier to drive, but it's less nerve-racking for me. I'm not a fan of waking up hours early to stand in long lines to prove I'm innocent.

I do wish there was an "NRA Airlines", though.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Ok, why do you hate the airlines?

I miss the show Airline. I know that flying can be a hassle but people are just trying to do their job. Customers are rarely right, but they always think their entitled to everything.

Comment

Entitled, yes the customers are!! It is outrageous how certain airlines take every opportunity to treat you like a non human. Now if I am flying some no frills airline and get no service, I am cool with it. But if I am paying $1000+ for any ticket, that is crap. I do not want to pay for a damn pillow or blanket and I do not want to be herded into a seat that is uncomfortable as hell next to a fat person who's juicy rolls flow into my seat. And the service, well don't let me start. Compare it to any other customer service company and they would never be able to get away with their crap for as much as you pay. No restaurant or hotel would ever make money if they treated their patrons similar to the airlines. Don't let me start on the whole baggage restrictions that are so jacked up too, most airlines do not know their own policies. Since I am on a tangent, I can't remember the last time my flight in the US was on time. How hard is it to take off and land on time? I paid for it, so why not do it. Now if it is a airport issue, start dealing with them and not taking it out on me. Don't lie to me and cause me to miss my next flight as a norm and then tell me too bad. :icon8:

Now me personally, I refuse to fly any US Flagged airline if I have a choice. They are are the worst around the world and yes that is my very skewed perspective.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Heres another good one that happened to me:
        So back in May, I had to fly to florida for a friend's wedding. Denver to Tampa, done the trip a thousand times, wasnt expecting any trouble. I had a 7:00am flight, so like a good little Ferris, I showed up at 5. I walk in to discover two things:
        1. The southwest ticket counter doesnt open until 5:30 and all of the automated checkin machines require an agent to sign off on your tickets when the national security threat level is orange or above. Yay.
        2. There are about a thousand 13-15 year olds and a bunch of camp counselors all waiting in line already because apparently they missed their planes last night.

So, being a patient person and assuming that a major airline at one of their hubs is going to have their act together, and I get in line. Three serpentine turns behind the "next" call. Boy was I wrong. At 5:45, the lazy ass ticketing agents open up shop. 2 of them for over 500 people. There are 15 stands, each with two automatic checkin machines, and they staff two. But, since I'm getting the shaft and cant do anything about it, I just stand in line patiently watching the seconds tick by until my flight departs. Oh, did I mention its raining? This will be important later on.

So at 6:27, I finally get to the counter agent, who then informs me that since I didnt check in with my bags 45 minutes prior to the flight, that they are not guaranteed to be on my plane, but they will be delivered to the destination if thats the case. At which point, I completely lose it and go off about the fact that I had been there since 5:00 am, standing in a line with 500 whining teenagers, and the reason I didnt check in 45 minutes early was because they only staffed 2 people to handle the massive line. To which the woman told me "sir, its not our responsibility to regulate how long the lines are, perhaps you should have been here at 4 instead." Think I was pissed off? Yeah...

So I bust ass through security, ride the train out to the airside, sprint to the gate and get to my seat on the plane at exactly 6:58. Guess what? My bags dont make the plane. So I arrive in florida with no clothes, no toiletries, no tuxedo (I was the best man at the wedding, so it was kinda required), nada. So I talk to the southwest agents at Tampa International, who tell me that they checked and my luggage is on the flight thats coming in 2 hours from now. Fine, no biggie.

So I hang out at the airport to get my bags, when I get the call that they're here. I go to pick them up and find that they're decidedly heavier and wetter than they were when I checked them. As it turns out, the baggage handlers decided that clothes and baggae arent bothered by sitting in the rain and soaking up all the excess dirt and jet fuel on the tarmac. Southwest apologized to me and offered me an expired voucher for dry cleaning that they insisted would work. Yay.

So after all is said and done, the stains from sitting on the tarmac wouldnt come out of the white tuxedo after two drycleans. In order to get a matching one, I had to drive to Fort Lauderdale. The wedding was in Amelia Island, north of Jacksonville. Total extra cost: $50 for drycleaning when the voucher DIDNT work. $275 for the new tux jacket. $60 extra in gas. Oh yeah, and southwest is STILL trying to fight me on my claim. I'm thinking about going to the newspapers with it.

Comment

My problem is security (although not part of the airlines they are involved with every flight).

When the person doing the wand has to ask why my metal zipper is setting it off I had to refrain from calling them an idiot since it was clear they wanted something to do. When I asked if I could take a lighter on board they had to talk about it and decided that I could take the lighter but not the form fitting rubber grip for some inexplicable reason.

And I have to wait in line for this? No thanks, I have only flown twice in the last 5 years I think. I'm not planning on flying again at any point in the future.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I bought my own damned plane for these very issues. Already pay taxes for the FAA anyways... might as well use it.

Also, you know how cheap it is to buy/rent an RV these days? You can get an 8-pass for like 200bucks/day. Stay in a nice campground/park and have a rolling hotel. Friend 'o mine bought a $500,000 land-yacht for like $180,000... he goes everywhere with it laughing all the way.

Comment

My dad recently bought an RV and my brother and I are talking about buying a fixer-upper (a Dodge Travco) in the next couple of years and restoring it. RVs are definitely the way to go if you don't have to travel for business.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                I miss the show Airline. I know that flying can be a hassle but people are just trying to do their job. Customers are rarely right, but they always think their entitled to everything.
                I have never met a ruder bunch of self-important jackass as TSA employees. I was waiting to walk through the metal detector (after taking off my shoes...) and was motioned through by the lady. Well, she then stops the passenger in front of me right after she goes through and I make it halfway through the metal detector. I then get a stern "we all need to wait our turn son."

Now, all I said was "Yes Ma'am" and stepped back because telling that bitch to never call me "son" again would have likely ended up with me and 6 other TSA retards tasering me because God forbid someone respect the 1st amendment.

Airports are just a miserable place and I despise them primarily because it's a perfect place to see just how cowed people can be.

Comment

Y'know what's really dumb about airports these days is SkyCaps were effectively "fired." So no curbside check-in. This was supposedly done for security reasons. So now, what you've got is some guy standing outside taking tickets and bags and then just walking inside with a bunch of people's stuff (plus the people, because they're not allowed to leave) and then giving all that stuff to a counter-person and thence tickets to the people. Meanwhile, the line grows outside.

Ludicrous.

Comment

Airline commercials of yesteryear, including one with flight attendants wearing hot pants.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/32217
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Because even when in UNIFORM they have no damn respect. Sorry, that's the TSA.

Rent-a-cops.
                      Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...