X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shades of "1984"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-sin-bins.html

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

I thought I was reading Onion news satires at first.

Re: Shades of "1984"?

Anyone who has had to put up with scumbag neighbours whose kids run around throwing stones at cars and spraying graffiti on peoples walls and the parents who f and blind in front of them will agree with this move, and so do I.

Luckily I live in a rural part of the country where this isn't a problem, but there are some areas of the larger cities where this is a daily occurrence and it's about time something was done about them.
    If the parents won't discipline their kids and do something about their mob behaviour, then the government will do it for them, and they won't like it. And that's just tough.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I recall a thread here in the Sandbox about someone's nightmare-neighbors - it's a shame they don't live in England :D
      sigpic

Comment

I suppose if they where breaking laws they could have just found the parent incompetent and remove the children. This solution might be better if the parents had a choice.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Wrong way of handling such a tremendous task but I hope it works out.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
            Wrong way of handling such a tremendous task but I hope it works out.
            Just out of curiosity, why is it the "wrong way?" (and by that I don't mean I think it IS the right way), I'm just asking.
            sigpic

Comment

I just think there should be a much more reasonable way of teaching parents how to not parent.

But if the kids are as bad as Drunken Pirate says then by all means go ahead.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

My childhood school was a nightmare of badly-behaved kids making it hard for the rest to learn. I would have loved to have seen this implemented back then.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X