New Pope Chosen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pope Chosen

He was a good guy. He helped out a lot people by just being there for them and comforting them in their darkest days.

I just didnt like how he was so closed minded on some issues.

Aside from that, may he rest in peace.

story on new pope...

he was also part of the hitler youth (aparantly he didnt like it though...hmmmmm)

it seems he shares John Pauls views on abortion women priests ect ect ect... and even sacked liberal priests (accordign to the news in the background im listening to)

www.TeamElement.com

Re: New Pope Chosen

Originally posted by DudeMan
    ect ect ect...
    This is actually an abbreviation of 'et cetera', so the 't' comes before the 'c'.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hitler youth makes pope huh?

My dad was a devout catholic and he was *so* sure cardinal cormac o'conner would've been made pope this time round. My dad wasn't the sort of person who would listen when you tried telling him how bad that would be for the catholic church. When he was a bishop he covered up an incident involving a priest and one or more young boys.

And people wonder why I have no time for any religion whatsoever.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        This is actually an abbreviation of 'et cetera', so the 't' comes before the 'c'.

this whole issue come up, and this is all you can come up with,

hmmmm

what a waste of time, anyone else have anything useful to say, i dont really care either which way, i was rooting for the black guy to win, it seems christianity is spreading there faster than anywhere else, and given that many of the policies under john paul were actually not helping the aids crisis in africa, i saw oppotunity for change.

unless wyz you feel a need for more rubbish,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Anti-gay, anti-contraception, anti-women.. This is progress?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
            And people wonder why I have no time for any religion whatsoever.

Root

yeah on this one im with Karl Marx, "the opium of the masses" (but not on the communist sociallist thing,....) only on religion. :icon_bigg

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
              Anti-gay, anti-contraception, anti-women.. This is progress?

well in they eyes of all the old guys who just chose him.... yes i guess. IMO the church needs women priests, they are having enough trouble finding young replacments for the aging stock

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

The future pope's studies at seminary were interrupted by World War II and his supporters say that his experiences under the Nazi regime convinced him that the Church had to stand up for truth and freedom.
                They had to stand up for them once they realized that the Allies were going to win the war and not the Axis. Who cares that millions of Jews lost their lives under the then Pope's blessing? No one likes those filthy Jews anyways.....

Catholics for Freedom! - Blacks, Jews, Aethiests, and Gays need not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                  They had to stand up for them once they realized that the Allies were going to win the war and not the Axis. Who cares that millions of Jews lost their lives under the then Pope's blessing? No one likes those filthy Jews anyways.....

Catholics for Freedom! - Blacks, Jews, Aethiests, and Gays need not apply.

thats not exaclty fair of all catholics, not many people knew what the Nazis were doing till they found the concentration camps. so you cant really appy the support of the pope to the slaughter of those people. they may not have opposed the ill treatment and persecution in the early years which is wrong, but the final solution wasnt exactly public knowledge....

but you have a oint about athiests gays blacks etc, another reason why it might have been nice for the african candidate. (although secretly i dont think he stood a snowballs chance in hell)

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

thats not exaclty fair of all catholics, not many people knew what the Nazis were doing till they found the concentration camps.
                    The Pope did. He and Hitler had many communications together and he never once asked hitler to stop. In fact, although the evidence is sketchy because the church is always loath to admit this, he made hints that the persecution of the Jews was "God's will."

It wasn't until they realized that the world was not going to be German speaking in the following years that the Pope finally made a real public stand and condemned the actions of the Nazis.

The Pope should at least have the backbone to take a solid stand on his bigotry.

so you cant really appy the support of the pope to the slaughter of those people. they may not have opposed the ill treatment and persecution in the early years which is wrong, but the final solution wasnt exactly public knowledge....
                    Therein lies the problem with Catholosism: the Pope speaks for God and his followers. Much like the harsh sentiments the world applies to all Americans because of Bush. The difference is that I don't have to agree with everything our bigoted leader believes to be an American.

Catholics either need to accept the Pope's word as God's law, or pull a Martin Luther. I didn't stop being a Christian because of the majority of tolerant Christians. I stopped following that particular God because the mean-spirited and hateful minority of them push almost all the "policies" of that particular religion.

I can't be a part of a religion in which all of the leaders out-right condemn everyone not exactly like them and cover up pedophilia among their lower ranks. It reminds me to much of Animal Farm, and no one is chopping me up for the beef.

Comment

The Pope did. He and Hitler had many communications together and he never once asked hitler to stop. In fact, although the evidence is sketchy because the church is always loath to admit this, he made hints that the persecution of the Jews was "God's will."

It wasn't until they realized that the world was not going to be German speaking in the following years that the Pope finally made a real public stand and condemned the actions of the Nazis.

The Pope should at least have the backbone to take a solid stand on his bigotry.

Therein lies the problem with Catholosism: the Pope speaks for God and his followers. Much like the harsh sentiments the world applies to all Americans because of Bush. The difference is that I don't have to agree with everything our bigoted leader believes to be an American.

Catholics either need to accept the Pope's word as God's law, or pull a Martin Luther. I didn't stop being a Christian because of the majority of tolerant Christians. I stopped following that particular God because the mean-spirited and hateful minority of them push almost all the "policies" of that particular religion.

I can't be a part of a religion in which all of the leaders out-right condemn everyone not exactly like them and cover up pedophilia among their lower ranks. It reminds me to much of Animal Farm, and no one is chopping me up for the beef.
                      as for the arguments against religion, you already have me there, i am athiest, i would rather believe in the advance of science than believe in a holier than thou figure who is going to whoop my ass on judgement day, i have never been one for fairytales.

but i find it hard to accept the pope knew about killing the jews as hitler was... is there any evidence on this, or is it just a conspiracy type thing... not that i know for a fact it isnt true, i just find it hard to believe.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

but i find it hard to accept the pope knew about killing the jews as hitler was... is there any evidence on this, or is it just a conspiracy type thing... not that i know for a fact it isnt true, i just find it hard to believe.
                        Evidence is sketchy for the reasons already posted, but you can find bits and pieces online. As always, I had a good article back in the day from a reputable source. Of course, now I can't find it.

Take into account a few things:
                        1. Hilter was an adamant Christian (once again, the Catholic Church tries to cover this up).
                        2. He conversed with the Pope numerous times.
                        3. After all his atrocities: he was never excomunicated from the church. Far from it.
                        4. Pius never took a hard stance either for or against Hitler in public up until we started kicking Nazi butt.

Google lists a bunch of stuff I can't read through at the moment.
                        Try here.

Even if the Pope didn't come out and say it: he didn't give a damn if those Jews died horrible deaths in camps. This article paints a better picture.
                        The Vatican, however, has consistently defended the conduct of Pius XII, claiming his behind-the-scenes work saved thousands of Jews.
                        Saved them from dying of old age maybe.

Comment

Evidence is sketchy for the reasons already posted, but you can find bits and pieces online. As always, I had a good article back in the day from a reputable source. Of course, now I can't find it.

Take into account a few things:
                          1. Hilter was an adamant Christian (once again, the Catholic Church tries to cover this up).
                          2. He conversed with the Pope numerous times.
                          3. After all his atrocities: he was never excomunicated from the church. Far from it.
                          4. Pius never took a hard stance either for or against Hitler in public up until we started kicking Nazi butt.

Google lists a bunch of stuff I can't read through at the moment.
                          Try here.

Even if the Pope didn't come out and say it: he didn't give a damn if those Jews died horrible deaths in camps. This article paints a better picture. Saved them from dying of old age maybe.
                          yeah i know hitler was a christian, but i dont know there is too much conspiracy for me to accept this, i dnt suppoes we willl ever know for sure, i certainly wouldnt put it past the vatican.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I thought there was historical evidence to show hitler was a jew? It wouldn't surprise me considering this half sized dark haired guy definied perfect as tall and blonde.

The catholic church has one of the best spy networks in the world. Their priests are everywhere, but their advantage is that most people don't think of priests as spies, not to mention no one else uses ancient latin anymore - the perfect encrypt. Also lots of people forget that *any* information is intel if you know what to do with it. Certainly it's unthinkable that catholic priests in nazi germany didn't let the vatican know what was going on. Ok so they didn't have the internet, but people still used to manage to communicate ya know.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                              I thought there was historical evidence to show hitler was a jew? It wouldn't surprise me considering this half sized dark haired guy definied perfect as tall and blonde.
                              Good read
                              Another

Considering the animosity he had towrds Jews even early on in life, it's doubtful he's a convert. And if you mean "Jewish by blood," I've never fully understood how someone could be born into a religion. It's not like a race or gender.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X