• Show
Clear All

• Ted Kennedy died

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...edy/index.html

Just FYI.
    Skud

Re: Ted Kennedy died

I am going to lobby for his seat...

All jokes aside I hate to see an amazing man that was pro Canadian health care and health care reform in general die. Lets just hope the vacant seat gets filled with someone that will do positive for your silly country. Not saying ours is any better... our own PM lied to us about a huge tax increase. That said will be positive for our economy but negative for Gordon Cambell and Steven Harper.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

A kennedy dies and only a guy from BC comments.

VICTORY! YOU HEAR THAT REPUBLICANS?! NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE KENNEDY'S ANYMORE! WE CAN STOP DENYING THE 2ND SHOOTER.
      Skud

Comment

At the risk of saying something insulting about the dead, I'd have to say he was one of the world's greatest politicians. Of course, he'd take that as a compliment.

I almost wish he was California's Senator. Then he could have been stealing from the other states' taxpayers for my state. But I find it really hard to adopt a policy of grabbing as many benefits for me and mine as possible.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Despite my loathing of him and his family, the Kennedy's were a factor that changed how America views politics forever. He really was the Lion of the Senate. Again, despite my loathing.
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            At the risk of saying something insulting about the dead, I'd have to say he was one of the world's greatest politicians. Of course, he'd take that as a compliment.

I almost wish he was California's Senator. Then he could have been stealing from the other states' taxpayers for my state. But I find it really hard to adopt a policy of grabbing as many benefits for me and mine as possible.
            Unfortunately the people we elect are in most cases highly representative of their constitutents, who on average dont give a damn about anyone other then them then theirs, why should the politicians they elect be any different?

Comment

Well, given that no one else has said anything particularly positive about the man. I think it's a great loss, he seemed a pretty great man, and always represented my interests fairly well. Infact, it was somewhat disappointing, as all those times I read something about "sending a letter to your senator" I knew I didn't have too since he was most likely already on my side, and being vocal about it. When Kennedy talked, people listened, and that in and of itself is pretty exceptional. It's a great loss.

Comment

RIP Mary Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                  RIP Mary Jo.
                  Snap!
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                    RIP Mary Jo.
                    Its amazing (and saddening) to me that when a man who exerted so much political influence over such a broad range of vastly important topics dies, that people focus on the Chappaquiddick incident from 40 years ago. If you want to go down that road, feel free, but be warned that I had to do a 25 page paper on those proceedings in my freshman poli-sci class and I still have it. To put it lightly, while he may have been at fault for driving off the bridge, he wasnt at fault for her drowning.

But on the positive note, heres to a man who was a voice for civil rights, for health care reform, for making sure that we can take leave from work if we get sick, for promoting equal rights for homosexuals and for a wide range of other topics. Here is to a man who'se exceptional strength of will allowed him to appear and support his party's presidential candidate at the DNC less than a week after being out of the hospital, not to mention the fact that he resumed his senate seat after his collapse at the innaugural luncheon in january. Heres to a man who knew his end was near and asked that laws be amended so that his seat could be filled promptly and the system could roll on without interruption.

The man was a fighter. He fought against oppression and sickness. He had a voice that could not be stifled. He may not have been someone whose politics I particularly bought into at times, but his value and presence was undeniable.

Comment

No, no, that's my first and last remark on Chappaquiddick. I don't think a debate about it would be appropriate here. Just wanted to convey my apathy in a concise (and hopefully tactful) manner.

Comment

RIP Senator Kennedy. Thank you for standing up for the oppressed, the poor, and the otherwise disadvantaged citizens of the US.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X