X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's horrible. Don't watch! NSFW *Warning: graphic video*

***WARNING: Graphic video***

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkD1w0j2qw[/media]

I think those feelings that come while watching this are similar to those that come when you suddenly got into the real war. Get used to them soldiers..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_airshow_disaster
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM.

Re: It's horrible. Don't watch!

I have to say this is so very hard to watch...hence your title. Extremely sad for all the vicitms and their families. That is something horrible that the pilot has to live with. :(
    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Yes, Latina, it's horrible.. I found this vid yesterday evening when with my buddy we were discussing the MAKS 2009 Air Show that taking place here in Russia, right nearby Moscow where I live. We were eating with beer and stuff you know, and suddenly got stuck into THIS. I was personaly in kind of shock, and still am when watching it all again.. It's justa.. hairs standing on its ends video... It's more terrible and scary than it is coz it can happen to all of us in usual, civil and peaceful life...
      But I think and maybe little insist that if we play war-like games, in spite of many of us are very young, we must know what real war looks like, what feelings fill an ordinary man, when he or she run into such things..

The pilots (there were two), as far as I know, still in prison. They denying they are guilty. People on internet (at least on YouTube) damn them, coz it was pilot's fault..

Thank you Latina for response. You are very brave. Sorry I've upset you.
      Last edited by zew45s; 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

You know what is sad? I don't feel anything watching this movie. Nothing.

That air show maneuver shouldn't have been done in the direction of the crowd to begin with.

I have to say that the footage was incredible though, how often do you get footage of disasters as they unfold?

It was very interesting to see the accident from multiple angles, I thought the last one was the best.

That kid lying on his side was done. He would have unfortunately gotten the black tag from me.

Bad day for all involved....
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
          Well, you are what you are.
          You've got kids? Get prepared it could sometime happen to them or you're sure it'll never be? I'm not sure about myself, my heart and my mind are not so calm as yours.
          Last edited by zew45s; 08-31-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

woa heavy stuff...
            A similar accident happened at an airshow here a couple of years back iirc.

When did this happen?
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Wow I should've listened to your warning.
              Hey everyone I'm trying to learn Greek, if anyone has any pointers please PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
                woa heavy stuff...
                A similar accident happened at an airshow here a couple of years back iirc.
                When did this happen?
                Ukraine, back in 2002 July 27 You can read it up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_airshow_disaster then google more if you want.

The similar thing was at Ramstein Air Base, Germany, in 1988 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_airshow_disaster
                [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4e8tVy75u8[/media]
                That's what I know. Victims were similar.

P.S. Ok, here's the info I got:
                it appears to be that the Ukrainian Military Court has acquited the high Generals who were in charge of these flights, and at this time only one of two pilots serving a sentence.
                Also there is one thing: people on the airfield weren't guilty, they didn't step out of fences. The pilots by their own decision changed the course.

Comment

Yeah there's a band called Rammstein, named after that air show disaster.
                  Hey everyone I'm trying to learn Greek, if anyone has any pointers please PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                    Well, you are working as an EMT now, right? Exposure to this kind of stuff is not something foreign to you.

I watched this last night. I was quite amazed at how many casualties resulted.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      I watched this last night. I was quite amazed at how many casualties resulted.
                      As was I. The plane hit such a narrow group of people, but the devastation seemed very widespread. I still think important video, airshows don't need things like this to happen.

Thankfully the ones I have been they where more crowd conscious I think.
                      Last edited by TurkishDelight; 09-01-2009, 12:17 AM. Reason: Better explaining
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

The aftermath looks similar to an airstrike scene we secured in Afghanistan. I'm less surprised about the result and more surprised that something this explicit is on Youtube. Liveleak or Orgrish usually is the domain of voyeuristic **** like this.

Comment

On a random note...... I <3 Rammstein. I think they are a cool band. Like their music but then again I'm so diverse when it comes to music. ;) :p
                          |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by TG Latina View Post
                            On a random note...... I <3 Rammstein. I think they are a cool band. Like their music but then again I'm so diverse when it comes to music. ;) :p
                            yes, Rammstein is my favourite band (kind of weird though, they don't sing in English).

Now back on topic:
                            My only thought is what were the pilots thinking before they did this? What was the point of flying so low?

Comment

Re: It's horrible. Don't watch! ***Warning: graphic video***

I'm also sorry to say I don't really feel anything from this video. Of course I feel bad for the families involved but seeing the aftermath doesn't affect me at all. I guess it's because I've walked through and secured scenes like that same is Gillespie except mine were from securing the sites of IEDs. I will say the sights and smells are something that will probably be with me for the rest of my life.

[unit][support]
                              The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
                              I am proud to serve my Country!
                              United States Army
                              I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
                              I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
                              "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X