Which one are you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one are you...

of the Star Trek characters? (original show only. You new generation fans start your own thread.)

I am not Kirk. No leader am I. But I am not a really a follower either. I can take orders but I always interpret them to fit the task at hand.

I like to think of myself as Spock. But I am way to emotional for that. So then I thought I might be Bones. But I am not that dower.

I do like my drink so Scotty came to mind. Also I am a software developer and did run a nuclear reactor on the USS Enterprise. Scotty doesn't really take orders. He is given directives but generally knows what needs to be done before asked.

But personality wise I am probably closer to Sulu. Kinda quite and in the back ground.

Forced to choose I go Scotty because of the "Irish like drinking" cliche and the engineering thing.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Which one are you...

EGG, i can only assume from your last line that you're the one thats irish and not referring to scotty...because that would just be a huge oversight if its the other way around. :D

As for me, considering my background in medicine, grumpy demeanor (sometimes) and unerring ability to cut through BS, I'm most definitely Bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      EGG, i can only assume from your last line that you're the one thats irish and not referring to scotty...because that would just be a huge oversight if its the other way around. :D
      Eh? I hold in high esteem any group that is known for their high alcohol intake. So while some might consider that stereotype as negative, I see it as a compliment of the highest order.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Oh, no, thats not it. I'm the same way being irish myself. Most people have a primal attraction to fire. I'm the same way with a nice bottle of whiskey. What I was referring to was that you made a statement about being irish, either referring to yourself or scotty. I was simply attempting to establish who you were referring to, seeing as scotty is, well, scottish (he [the character, not james doohan] is from edinburgh).

Comment

Irish choices:

http://trekmovie.com/2008/03/17/trek...icks-day-with/

You might be thinking of Kevin Riley.

I think I identify with anyone wearing a red shirt. :p

Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X