Hey, my eyes are up here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, my eyes are up here!

Lots of sites are reporting a study from New Zealand indicating that guys look at breasts. What a surprise! Alas, I couldn't find any sites with an actual link to the study. But lots of creative googling turned it up:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/9468727841043327/

Abstract Studies of human physical traits and mate preferences often use questionnaires asking participants to rate the attractiveness of images. Female waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), breast size, and facial appearance have all been implicated in assessments by men of female attractiveness. However, very little is known about how men make fine-grained visual assessments of such images. We used eye-tracking techniques to measure the numbers of visual fixations, dwell times, and initial fixations made by men who viewed front-posed photographs of the same woman, computer-morphed so as to differ in her WHR (0.7 or 0.9) and breast size (small, medium, or large). Men also rated these images for attractiveness. Results showed that the initial visual fixation (occurring within 200 ms from the start of each 5 s test) involved either the breasts or the waist. Both these body areas received more first fixations than the face or the lower body (pubic area and legs). Men looked more often and for longer at the breasts, irrespective of the WHR of the images. However, men rated images with an hourglass shape and a slim waist (0.7 WHR) as most attractive, irrespective of breast size. These results provide quantitative data on eye movements that occur during male judgments of the attractiveness of female images, and indicate that assessments of the female hourglass figure probably occur very rapidly.
    It might be interesting to see a similar study done with women subjects looking at male pictures.

I'm not a breast guy. For me, breasts are like those garish neon signs in Vegas. I don't want to look at them. I have to look at them. I can feel my eyes dragged to them even though I know there are other parts I'm more interested in. (For me, thighs. Although I really do love looking at faces, too.)

So I'm guessing that what I want to look at is learned, but the draw to look at breasts is hard-wired.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Hey, my eyes are up here!

I LOVE breasts. Big breasts.

Comment

Rodney Carrington sings about his love for his favorite anatomical feature. Warning: includes bare breasts, language, and patriotism. ;)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

^^^ Woh! That was awesome and unexpected! O.o
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

That is Oklahoma's state song. We sing it right after the lord prayer and before the star spangled banner.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

If the lord and maker hadnt intended for men to stare at them, he would have put them somewhere they would have been obscured, like in the armpits or something. As it stands now, I will continue to gaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              If the lord and maker hadnt intended for men to stare at them, he would have put them somewhere they would have been obscured, like in the armpits or something....
              ...or on the backside, slightly below the waist where no one will look.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Sometimes... the tendency to look at breasts first works against you.

Comment

Gill: Never, ever, EVER do that again. This is your only warning. ;)
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...liseconds.html

Why men will judge a woman in milliseconds
                    Men take a fraction of a second to decide if they are attracted to a woman or not – but they should not be called shallow because they are genetically programmed to do so, scientists say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X