X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdDKEFFU7Q[/media]
    Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'

President lashes out at the hip-hop artist in an off-the-record comment during a television interview, an ABC News anchor reported Monday evening on Twitter.

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

An ABC spokesperson said, "In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," Politico reported. "This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

Moran's tweet has since been deleted, but can still be accessed.

West, who is no stranger to controversy, apologized for the incident after Sunday night's MTV broadcast and again Monday night during an interview on the premiere of NBC's "Jay Leno Show."

West told Leno he's going to take some time off to reflect and that "it was rude, period."

"I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve. If there's anything I could do to help Taylor in the future or help anyone, I'd like to," he said.

The White House had no immediate comment on the matter, Politico reported.
    I'm no fan of President Obama and his politics. But this is hilarious. Kanye West deserved that one.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: President Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'

Kanye West should have walked onstage at Obama's congressional address and yelled about how John McCain should have won the election. LOL j/k

Kanye is not gay and is not a fish.

Comment

Mr. Obama should know by now that there is no "Off the record" with journalists. Even the most junior private is educated on media affairs. Someone is just a little too cozy with reporters, methinks.
      The American Resistance Movement: Defending the nation from tyranny since 1776.

Comment

I think it shows Obama is a regular person to have such a blatant comment about a true jackass. If you saw the clip of Kanye, he basically gave a huge middle finger to the person that won, causing them to actually be speechless (she stood for a few seconds before they moved on).

Kanye is a jackass.
        Last edited by snooggums; 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM. Reason: Apaprently spellcheck likes 'Kanya' but not 'Kanye'
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Not disagreeing. Just wondering why the same media who ruins others lives with "Off the record" info is so quick to cowtow this time.
          The American Resistance Movement: Defending the nation from tyranny since 1776.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowmanActual View Post
            Not disagreeing. Just wondering why the same media who ruins others lives with "Off the record" info is so quick to cowtow this time.
            Because it was a minor issue that was not an expose, therefore their breaking of the off the record comment handling was actually wrong. Should reporters continue to publish off the record information the president would become less forthcoming.

Although it is not obvious to a viewer, a reporter's ability to get friendly with off the record conversations make it more likely that an interviewee will be more forthcoming on the record. Therefore it is in their best interest to show they screwed up.

What 'off the record' comments have been used to ruin people's lives? Hidden cameras are not 'off the record' and that's the only comparable thing I can think of.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

I find it makes me like the guy more....

There was an email floating around showing him reading a Muslim book entitled something like "the post-American World" which threw a lot of people into freak out mode.... I don't understand this as I would hope he is trying to get a better understanding of the way in which others see us instead of sticking his head in the sand and blindly pushing forward.

I will not be the first to extol all his wonderfulness, but at the same time, I do hope he does a good job... because it affects me. I am amazed at how fast others are to try to vilify him. I don't agree with everything, but I for one pray for him. He makes very hard decisions and has a lot of lives in his hands. He needs prayer and support, not petty controversy and media as his enemy. I am not saying this is media bashing, but look at that stupid fly incident.

The media seems to pick a favorite son, then as soon as he is in, they start eating him alive. I predicted it before the election, and it is already starting to happen...
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I don't see how this would have been embarassing to Obama at all, but whatever I guess. I was thoroughly entertained to hear his audio on the matter. This "off the record" comment does nothing to damage his imagine in my opinion.

Besides, I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunities to damage his imagine (moreso?) in other ways.
                "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                -- Red Forman

Comment

This is the 2nd thing Obama and I agree on!

1) Playoffs for college football
                  2) Kanye West is a jack ass

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
                    This is the 2nd thing Obama and I agree on!

1) Playoffs for college football
                    2) Kanye West is a jack ass
                    same here. I don't foresee him doing much else that I agree with though

Comment

For me the funnest part of it is when Obama realises what he's said:
                      'common guys, cut the president some slack'.
                      :D

Comment

Kanye West doesn't care about white people.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

The only thing I take away from this is that Obama hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            Kanye West doesn't care about white people.
                            I like Stephen Colbert's take: Stephen was surprised that Kanye jumped on stage for Beyonce's video since Stephen wasn't aware that Kanye cared about anyone other than himself.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by SnowmanActual View Post
                              Mr. Obama should know by now that there is no "Off the record" with journalists. Even the most junior private is educated on media affairs. Someone is just a little too cozy with reporters, methinks.
                              I think this statement might actually be to Obamas benefit. Depending on how you look at it it shows that he is both human, and aware of what's going on in spheres other than politics.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X