Democrats are advertising geniuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats are advertising geniuses

Nice video on how the Democrats, through the Obama campaign, have far exceeded the juvenile attempts of Republicans at image:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtqtfXdR-c[/media]

An independent spoof of their trademark:

[media]http://images1.cafepress.com/product/392049541v4_350x350_Front.jpg[/media]

http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/...mper/392049541
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Democrats are advertising geniuses

So: "don't fall too far or you'll never get out of the hole"?

Wait is the talking head a Dem or a Rep?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That guy is making excuses. Just like when the dems lost they put almost all blame (and credit) to Rove.

He is good but one man cannot win elections. Neither can "icongraphy" or whatever.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Nor can choice of a good icon sell soda pop. That doesn't mean branding is totally worthless.

I think his point is that the pubbies come across not so much as conservative as stale and moldy and boring. You don't oppose them. You ignore them.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Commercial advertisers who tried to ride Obama's coattails.
          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmh1uGyglM[/media]

Comment

You know how easy it would be for someone to turn that emblem into a goatse reference?

Comment

The Democrats have almost every artist, actor, comedian, publicist in the public eye. Of course the publicity/ advertising is going to be better.

There is no sexy to the Republican party. The AM radio curmudgeon and old men shouting at town hall meetings are not helping.

Comment

Sorry to break it to you but image is the least of what's killing the republican party. In a way this man's apparent discovery ("oh, crap he's on to us") of a very obvious aspect of advertising is a metaphor for just how out of touch some of these people are.

McCain's campaign advertisers were quite effective by the way - remember the shining star icon? Republicans know how to hire advertisers just as well as democrats - RNC maybe not, but that's not emblematic (excuse the pun) of the candidates or their hired publicists. The DNC didn't own Obama's campaign, either, by the way. This joker seems to think it's all one big party, which isn't true.

Then again, I just spotted this. Maybe republicans really don't know how to come up with good advertising and logos of their own.
                Last edited by Mosely; 10-15-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X