Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama administration issues new policy on medical marijuana

Obama administration issues new policy on medical marijuana

The Obama administration delivered new guidance on medical marijuana to federal prosecutors Monday, signaling a broad policy shift that will mean fewer crackdowns against dispensaries and the people who use them.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. instructed government lawyers that in 14 states where medical marijuana use is legal, federal prosecutors should focus only on cases involving higher level drug traffickers or people who use the state laws as a cover story.

"It will not be a priority to use federal resources to prosecute patients with serious illnesses or their caregivers who are complying with state laws on medical marijuana, but we will not tolerate drug traffickers who hide behind claims of compliance with state law to mask activities that are clearly illegal," Holder said. "This balanced policy formalizes a sensible approach that the Department has been following since January: effectively focus our resources on serious drug traffickers while taking into account state and local laws." Full Washington Post article.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOeT30kNH0[/media]
    Good move by the Obama administration. Maybe there is some change I can believe in.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Obama administration issues new policy on medical marijuana

Do we really need to keep calling it "medical"?

Comment

Good to see some sanity finally working its way back into our marijuana drug laws. 50 years from now when the drug war is long over we'll see how insane these decades really were...
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
        Do we really need to keep calling it "medical"?
        It's a bit like the way some in teetotaler society justified their use of alcohol as "just medicinal". One is forced by society to conceal that one prefers a non-traditional form of recreation.

If violent video games are outlawed, we may all have to claim to be playing for "educational" purposes.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Now all I need is for my state to pass medicinal laws and I can get a prescription for mood control :)
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Now here's some change we can believe in. I say legalize it, tax it heavily, and use the money for health care.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
              Now all I need is for my state to pass medicinal laws and I can get a prescription for mood control :)
              Hmmm.....
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                Now here's some change we can believe in. I say legalize it, tax it heavily, and use the money for health care.
                No need to tax it heavily. Tax it exactly as much as you tax all other recreation (including video games). And spend the tax only for purposes related to the item taxed. Otherwise you give a blank check to the legislature that they'll surely abuse.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                  That line is like a broken record, I hear it in every marijuana thread. But good on ya for mentioning it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X