Oath Keepers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath Keepers

[I know some have posted about this group before but I can't seem to get the vBulletin search to locate those threads.]

http://www.lvrj.com/news/oath-keeper...-64690232.html

More specifically, the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities. By refusing the latter order, the Oath Keepers hope to prevent cities from becoming "giant concentration camps," a scenario the 44-year-old Rhodes says he can envision happening in the coming years.

It's a Cold War-era nightmare vision with a major twist: The occupying forces in this imagined future are American, not Soviet.
    "I'm not accusing Stewart Rhodes or any member of his group of being Timothy McVeigh or a future Timothy McVeigh," law center spokesman Mark Potok said. "But these kinds of conspiracy theories are what drive a small number of people to criminal violence. ... What's troubling about Oath Keepers is the idea that men and women armed and ordered to protect the public in this country are clearly being drawn into a world of false conspiracy theory."
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Oath Keepers

Did you search oath+keepers? I got quite a few results including this one:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ml#post1254860

The group is a bunch of nutjobs. The idea of a citizen militia is solid but their fears are just ridiculous when in the context of the US as opposed to other smaller and more nationalistic countries.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

"Disobey orders they deem unlawful." Sounds like Cheney!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
        "Disobey orders they deem unlawful." Sounds like Cheney!
        Wasn't Cheney giving the unlawful orders? :)
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          Wasn't Cheney giving the unlawful orders? :)
          We never had this conversation.

Comment

For about a month.. (I've been busy helping local civilian militias train with airsoft and live fire.)..I've been pretty inactive. During that time, mainly because of the Oathkeeper organization's silence on the police and military brutality during G-20, OK has lost my support. The group itself is composed of crotchety old pukes who do nothing but congratulate each other on Ning for being so righteous.

There is another group of oathkeepers. The ones who don't belong to a fancy organization with window stickers. The ones who actually speak out about the bull**** the American govt is spoonfeeding it's people. The ones who actively get out their and train for NWO Globalist swine to make their final, stupid mistake. They are the ones who are going to be the last line of defense between freedom and tyranny. Rhode's organization has become a joke. That's all I want to say on that.

Snuggoms, you did forget to call them RACIST RIGHT-WING nutjobs..as that is the thing to call people who respect the Constitution these days. But that's fine. You just keep grazing in the pasture and await your next fleecing. Just don't get in the way of the Sheepdogs.
            The American Resistance Movement: Defending the nation from tyranny since 1776.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowmanActual View Post
              Snuggoms, you did forget to call them RACIST RIGHT-WING nutjobs..as that is the thing to call people who respect the Constitution these days. But that's fine. You just keep grazing in the pasture and await your next fleecing. Just don't get in the way of the Sheepdogs.
              No, I called some racists (teabaggers) racists because they are. Oathkeepers are nutjobs because they believe the New World Order crap.

Who would enforce this new order? US Military soldiers? The ones who swore to uphold the Constitution? No. Other countries armies? Nope, the US military would kick their asses. The belief that somehow we are going to come under some kind of martial law in the US is ridiculous paranoia and has nothing to do with racism or right wing anything.

Edit: I also wanted to point out that I support the Constitution fully and prefer state rights over federal involvement in most areas. Teabaggers and Oathkeepers are not supporting the Constitution, they are extremists who have warped views of reality.
              Last edited by snooggums; 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Did you search oath+keepers?
                The plus sign is what I was missing. I tried "oath and keepers" and that just treated "and" as another word, and the default operator over all words is "or", not "and", so I was getting several pages of hits. I also didn't see any help link for the forum Search page to suggest what the syntax might be.

Perhaps a moderator could merge this thread to the one in Snoogums's post?
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by SnowmanActual View Post
                  Wow. That's just sad.

Have fun with your live fire excercises. You're not doing anything to forward Constitutional justice in this or any other society.

Comment

The group is a bunch of nutjobs. The idea of a citizen militia is solid but their fears are just ridiculous when in the context of the US as opposed to other smaller and more nationalistic countries.
                    Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                    Wow. That's just sad.

Have fun with your live fire excercises. You're not doing anything to forward Constitutional justice in this or any other society.
                    There's no need to get so personal with your remarks. We all knew that SnowmanActual was a member of this group. So why flame the thread like this? He is still a member of TG, and as long as there are no laws being broken, people can be as radical as they want. Maybe next time we can just explain why this group is wrong by debating the positions they take.

I'll say this about Oath Keepers. They are way off the liberty reservation. The comments they make in the article are just fodder for the media. They need to reign in this extreme view if they are going to have any longevity, wich I highly doubt. Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty is the perfect model. The campaigns of Rand Paul(Ron Paul's son), Peter Schiff and other candidates are all using this model. It's been highly successful in fundraising and almost every other aspect of grassroots politics. They have managed to take a once radical Libertarian view and mainstream it for the most part. And Paul has constant access to major media outlets because of this. The founder of Oath Keepers should know all this as he worked for Paul in his presidential campaign.
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                      There's no need to get so personal with your remarks. We all knew that SnowmanActual was a member of this group. So why flame the thread like this? He is still a member of TG, and as long as there are no laws being broken, people can be as radical as they want. Maybe next time we can just explain why this group is wrong by debating the positions they take.
                      I made a statement about a specific organization, if he identifies with them and takes personal offense that is his issue as I did not address him directly. Some groups views are so skewed from reality that it isn't worth debating. For example people who insist that Obama isn't an American citizen, there's no debate when it has already been proven.

In regards to the Oathkeepers, they are a group that thinks that there will be a New world Order forced on them by some faceless military force. It's like worrying that the government will be forcing everyone to get tracking implants or other paranoid delusions. How can conspiracy theories with no basis in reality be debated?
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Honestly. I'm not upset. I'm a big boy, who plays with big toys and prepares for what other people may call improbable and ridiculous. My philosophy is that if I train and prepare, I'll be all set for when the SHTF. If it never does, I'll have made lifelong friends, helped raise community awareness, had fun doing it, and have stuff to pass down to my children.

If it does, I'll be ready. I'm not offended. Amused, but certainly not offended.
                        But my opinion of Rhode's organization has eroded to the level of regard Snoggums has for it. just for very different reasons.

Comment

In regards to the Oathkeepers, they are a group that thinks that there will be a New world Order forced on them by some faceless military force. It's like worrying that the government will be forcing everyone to get tracking implants or other paranoid delusions. How can conspiracy theories with no basis in reality be debated?
                          All good points. They seem to promote a lot of theories that are unsubstantiated to say the least. But there is one event they make mention of in the article that holds some validity.
                          It reminded him of the response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 when police officers reportedly confiscated legally owned firearms
                          This was an actual event and is well documented. Its this kind of goverment usurpation of power over its citizens that drives these guys into their New World Order frenzy. Not that any of their other theories hold any relevance, and I'm not justifying or defending this group in any way. Just trying to illustrate how some people get to this point. Its a shame really that some liberty minded people fall under this spell from the "pimps" that peddle the NWO nonsense. For many of the "pimps" its a for-profit industry like Alex Jones.
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8[/media]
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pejhz81fLsc[/media]
                          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

The post Katrina gun collection, while wrong in the current implementation of the 2nd amendment, is not a sign of a restriction on gun rights in general or an overall plan to remove citizen weaponry. The DC gun ban has been overturned in the courts if I remember correctly.

Now one thing to remember is that the militia, being the basis of individual gun ownership, is to be organized, disciplined and armed by the government. Individual militias are not constitutional.

Additionally bragging about defying the American government through military action is basically bragging about future treason. It isn't supporting the constitution, going out and voting is supporting the constitution.

That said I support personal gun ownership for everyone but violent felons and those that are determined to be mentally unfit (such as those hospitalized against their will for behavior issues) just like pretty much everything else. THat's just a basic freedom thing.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

The last bit I'm going to contribute to this discussion (or ANY political discussion on an internet gaming forum). Is that people like you are why people like me exists. Good day to you sir.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X