Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British RIAA retracts objection to singing shop worker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...al/8317952.stm

A shop assistant who was told she could not sing while she stacked shelves without a performance licence has been given an apology.

Sandra Burt, 56, who works at A&T Food store in Clackmannanshire, was warned she could be fined for her singing by the Performing Right Society (PRS).

However the organisation that collects royalties on behalf of the music industry has now reversed its stance.
    Earlier story reporting their objection:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-licence.html

The Performing Right Society said it was within its rights to charge for all copyright music played or performed outside of the home. The not-for-profit organisation distributes the royalties to the writers and publishers of the songs.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: British RIAA retracts objection to singing shop worker

Yeah, I think they realized that they'd have to sue every person on earth who whistled/hummed/sung a tune while carrying around everyday tasks and the line wouldnt end. Futility at its peak.

Comment

Re: British RIAA retracts objection to singing shop worker

But this woman just got a lot of press. What about all the other small shops that were getting harassed by the PRS? There's lawyer money to be made in "setting examples". That's why the RIAA does what it does.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X