Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athiest will care for your pets after the rapture

Associated Press

ALSTEAD, N.H. -- Christians who believe they'll vanish from Earth in the rapture can now hire an atheist to care for their pets.

For $110, Eternal Earth-Bound Pets offers a 10-year contract guaranteeing that an atheist will adopt the pet that's left behind by its raptured owner. Additional pets can be covered for $15.

The company's owner, Bart Centre, said his pet rescuers definitely won't be raptured because they've all blasphemed the Holy Spirit in writing, committing what they believe Jesus called the unforgivable sin.

His Web site said the rescuers are animal lovers who "are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus."

Centre said he doesn't believe in God or the rapture, but is offering a service for those who do.

The service is available in 22 states, including Oklahoma.
    Does anybody think this is a scam? Could conservative law makers ever try and go after services like this?

Personally I think it is genius.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Athiest will care for your pets after the rapture

It can't be a scam.

Either you believe in the Rapture, and therefore desire the service or you don't and then you don't desire the service. It's as legit as a church service.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

You mean all dogs don't go to heaven? (I know my cat's going to hell. :p)

BTW, here's the company's website:

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

How do I get hired by this company?
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I definitely like the idea. It's clever.
          The American Resistance Movement: Defending the nation from tyranny since 1776.

Comment

I want to take that idea and expand on it.

Do it not only for pets but also children and elderly parents that are not so loved by God. They would cost more, of course.

But I would give the money back at any time (after 180 days) if the rapture hadn't come yet or if they had lost faith.

Could make a couple thousand a year just on the interest if you get enough clients.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              I want to take that idea and expand on it.

Do it not only for pets but also children and elderly parents that are not so loved by God. They would cost more, of course.

But I would give the money back at any time (after 180 days) if the rapture hadn't come yet or if they had lost faith.

Could make a couple thousand a year just on the interest if you get enough clients.
              That would be great, but the children wouldn't work out. They're innocents, haven't you read Left Behind? :p

But why stop at living things? You could promise to check the mail, keep the house in repair (when you go to the new Earth, would you want house to be in a shambles?). Heck, you could even promise to keep fighting for their chosen cause: anti-abortion, abstinence-only education, prayer in schools, anti-dancing, etc.

The possibilities are endless for a Godless-heathen, an infidel, or a heretic!
              BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
              CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

No need, I can take care of my own pets when the rapture is over.

But very clever idea!

Comment

The problem here is that the contract period will be 10 years.The tribulation period is 7 years.Butt all hell will break loose on earth after the 3 1/2 years after the rapture.So you pay for an aditional 3 years which is not gonna be there!Not even talking about the last 3 1/2 years where the pets will not be making it in anycase.Probably die of an heart attack.

So my conclusion is you sit with another dumb christian(who needs a Bible) who is just waisting his money.:madsmile:
                  |TG| Eugene
                  sigpic
                  Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Ugh. Why, why did I not think of this! This is even more brilliant than the 'Give me money or I shall eat this innocent bunny' scam.

Comment

Damn I should volunteer for that. I need $110 right now.

Comment

Hell, I'll do it for $105. But, I'm agnostic, so I don't know if I can care for your pet or not.

Comment

On the side of the people selling this, this is straddling the line between brilliant and crazy. More power to em, really.

On the side of the people buying this -- not so smart. What self-respecting Christian would ask someone to guarantee their own damnation just to take care of some pets? Granted, the atheists involved don't consider it a big cost, but the Christian ought to consider it a big cost!

Comment

Agnostics will be left behind too, if the class of theologies this service is aimed at turn out true.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                              I can see the bulletin now:

"And now we have some breaking news... The long awaited "rapture" has not reared its ugly head. As our correspondent with the Associated Press reports, there is a dramatic decline in..."
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X