Synesthesia.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synesthesia.

I would not mind being a conscious Synesthete of any form. (Although from further research we are all synesthe's in an unconscious manner.)

Wassily Kandinsky

A great Artist who is credited with painting the first modern abstract works.(Check out his other works quite impressive)

The Blue Rider

Hearing tones and chords as he painted, Kandinsky theorized that, for examples, yellow is the color of middle-C on a piano, a brassy trumpet blast; black is the color of closure and the ends of things; and that combinations and associations of colors produce vibrational frequencies akin to chords played on a piano. Kandinsky also developed an intricate theory of geometric figures and their relationships, claiming, for example, that the circle is the most peaceful shape and represents the human soul.

There are about 152 forms of synaesthesia. It is quite a idiosyncratic symptom.

They are all linked to the way we interpret smells, colors, taste, touch, sound etc.

1 more pic of one of his abstract works.
    Composition VII

There are many other artists/musicians etc. out there who have Synesthesia.

By the way if you think you may be a Synesthete in any way there is a site to test your mind.
    http://www.synesthete.org/

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Synesthesia.

I like his art and I own the chair named after him

Comment

Re: Synesthesia.

Neat.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X