For Fox Sake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Fox Sake

"Yes they are being accused! By the guy who's show was on right before you!"

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../for-fox-sake-
    Last edited by Mosely; 11-03-2009, 05:07 PM.

Re: For Fox Sake

I get a '404 page not found' error.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

When are the cable news networks finally going to place one of those "the views of this guy does not necessarily represent the views of the networks" disclaimers before commentary shows like Olbermann, O'Reilly, Beck (jeez, especially Beck), Maddow, etc, etc, etc.?

Comment

That was funny.

For those not getting the webpage, here's the url.
        BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
        CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

Sorry - fixed the original post's URL.

Yeah, I think this one is a total gem with regard to the horrendous state of our cable news - Daily Show included, in a way!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
            Sorry - fixed the original post's URL.

Yeah, I think this one is a total gem with regard to the horrendous state of our cable news - Daily Show included, in a way!
            Well, the Daily Show is satire, but the problem is half the people watching it think it's news with a comedic twist. It's all about entertainment divisions taking over the large networks.
            God forbid a news show who's purpose is to inform without bias not be profitable, why run the show if it isn't making us money? I stick with saying the most accuriate news reporting on TV anymore is found on PBS, because at least they don't care about ratings, they just report things how they see them.

Comment

I agree with morganan here, PBS is the way to go. Every single media outlet (I cant stoop to calling them news channels, because, well, they arent) has bias in one form or another. Fox is overwhelmingly conservative. MSNBC is overwhelmingly liberal. CNN tries to play the middle of the road, but they dont do it too well. PBS is pretty much the only place you can get unbiased news.

I actually saw this segment when it aired on TV and I was laughing my ass off. News stations need to get their acts together and the talking heads on their commentary shows need to stop thinking that they have anything valid to say.

The example that the daily show used about the school in new jersey is dead on the money. Here you have a group of kids celebrating black history month with a song about our first black president. Indoctrination? WTF? THESE ARE KIDS! In 2 days they will have completely forgotten the words to the song and in a month they wont even remember that they performed it! They're busy worrying about when recess is or how to shirk doing homework. The fact that fox news decided to bring it up 7 months later and was all up in arms over the brainwashing of america's youth is ludicrous. You think a single one of those kids remembers the song 7 months later? NO. They're thinking about how cool it is to be in third grade and what mommy packed for lunch today.

But, as my signature says...

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                In 2 days they will have completely forgotten the words to the song and in a month they wont even remember that they performed it! They're busy worrying about when recess is or how to shirk doing homework...

You think a single one of those kids remembers the song 7 months later? NO. They're thinking about how cool it is to be in third grade and what mommy packed for lunch today.
                Oh man, I miss those days...Life was so simple :p.
                Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Since I refuse to ever tune any television to Fox news, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of fun today as they gloat in meaningless gubernatorial elections in three states, as if that in some way signifies anti-Obama sentiment, while totally ignoring a huge rebuke of the RNC in an upstate NY congressional race. If any of you are watching, you can tell me if I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                    Since I refuse to ever tune any television to Fox news, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of fun today as they gloat in meaningless gubernatorial elections in three states, as if that in some way signifies anti-Obama sentiment, while totally ignoring a huge rebuke of the RNC in an upstate NY congressional race. If any of you are watching, you can tell me if I am right.
                    Keep in mind in NY-23, the Republican party selected a candidate who was so completely worthless that she actually endorsed the Democrat candidate when she realized she wasn't going to win herself. The Republican party never officially acknowledged Hoffman, although they gave him a little bit of support near the end.

Still, yes, it was a stinging rebuke and will bear examination in the coming campaigns. But don't downplay the relevance of having two states that went strongly for Obama last year suddenly shift back to red, including New Jersey! How does a Republican win anything in New Jersey?

Oh, and I don't watch Fox either, so can't help you with your guess there. Sorry. :)

Edit: Took me forever to find an actual vote count from New York. At an 88% vote count level, the Democratic candidate has a 4,000 vote lead over the Conservative candidate. The Republican candidate got about 7,000 votes despite having withdrawn from the race last week. I think the lesson here is not that conservative candidates can't win, its that the value of the little "R" stamp next to your name is about twice the margin of victory that Owens got. Still think that's a huge rebuke to the RNC?

Comment

I do think it's a pretty big rebuke of the RNC. Not the republican party, but the RNC, who seems to be sticking to their guns with regard to the ultra-conservative base. The republican candidate that withdrew last week, Dede Scozzafava, was pro-choice and pro-homosexual. Those in control of the RNC will never back a candidate with checks in those columns. She was the local pick and the RNC screwed it up, once again, by pandering to the base. It's debatable whether or not that tack will still work on the national stage, where most polls put the majority in support of those issues, but it's pretty much proven that it doesn't work on the local stage.

As for 'blue' states going with republican governors, this is nothing new, and has little to no bearing on the national stage. Arnold in CA, Romney in MA - these are the biggest blue states in the country and they recently elected republican governors. Yes, MA has gone back to a democrat, but mostly because Romney became distracted by his own national interests.

Anyway, sorry for the election diversion. Back to foxing fox news.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        MSNBC is overwhelmingly liberal.
                        So overwhelmingly liberal, they decided to give a conservative his own morning show. They can't even be bothered to give time to conservative talking points or victories. Never.

Even those somber reports are found buried deep within their website, on the front of the Politics>white house page.

Seriously, where do people come up with this stuff? I'm still waiting for Fox news to report on Bush's (D-Texas) failure as a president. I spent maybe 5 minutes cruising MSNBC and spending a few more could dig up even more articles critical of Obama or those that give time to conservative talking points.

But hey, at least Fox News is taking the balanced approach with headlines like "Will Obama Ever Become President?" And no, this is not a 2008 report. And remember kids, it's the liberals who keep bringing up Bush.

That people think "Well, news should be biased, so it's ok if Fox whores itself to a party as long as everyone else does" is bad enough, but to actually think for a moment anyone gives as many happy endings as Fox news is just hilarity.

Comment

Fox: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...w-jersey-race/

The Republicans "swept to victory"! "The victories could spell trouble for Democrats' legislative agenda in Washington and ... served as a collective rebuke of Democrats' policies on Capitol Hill and at the White House."

MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33624280...more_politics/

"...the GOP victories in New Jersey and Virginia don’t necessarily tell us all that much about how the party will fare in next year’s midterm elections: Gubernatorial races generally say less about the national dynamic than they do local issues, and that's certainly true this year." "Virginia’s gubernatorial race was for an open seat — as it incredibly is every four years — and it was an uphill battle for the Democrats from the beginning."

Gay Marriage:

Fox: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...e-close-maine/

"The vote to allow gay marriage in Maine was close but nonetheless a huge defeat for gay activists in a corner of the country considered most sympathetic to their cause." "Maine voters dealt a severe blow to the gay rights movement by repealing a state law that would have allowed same-sex couples to marry."

MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33609492...more_politics/

"Maine voters repealed a state law Tuesday that would have allowed same-sex couples to wed, dealing the gay rights movement a heartbreaking defeat in New England, the corner of the country most supportive of gay marriage." "Gay-rights activists had hoped to buck that trend in Maine — known for its moderate, independent-minded electorate — and mounted an energetic, well-financed campaign."

You don't notice a difference in how the same story's presented between the two? In the first, Fox trumpets the GOP victories as some grand rebuke against the Democratic Party. MSNBC downplays them by saying, hey, it doesn't really matter because it was mostly about local issues and in Virginia the Dems never really had a chance anyway.

Gay-marriage defeat in Maine. Fox says it was a "huge, severe blow" for gay activists in a corner of the country "most sympathetic to their cause". MSNBC calls it a "heartbreaking defeat" from a moderate, independant-minded electorate (rather than a blanket "sympathetic to their cause" group of... something. Radicals?)

Conservatives on MSNBC... is that like claiming Fox isn't conservative-slanted by parading out the liberal commentators that are regularly given time at the debate table in Bret Bauer's Special Report? The liberals that Haaaaannity (what a grumpy-ass man... can't stand Hannity) debates with? C'mon, Fenix.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                            MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33624280...more_politics/

"...the GOP victories in New Jersey and Virginia don’t necessarily tell us all that much about how the party will fare in next year’s midterm elections: Gubernatorial races generally say less about the national dynamic than they do local issues, and that's certainly true this year." "Virginia’s gubernatorial race was for an open seat — as it incredibly is every four years — and it was an uphill battle for the Democrats from the beginning."
                            Yeah, when Virginia elected a Dem governor in the 2001 election it really set up a stunning rebuke of the Republican party and paved the way for a major Dem gain in '03 and the '04 presidential race.

Oh, wait.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

It's just funny to see one organization pumping their fists and going "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!" and the other organization shrugging it off with a "THE VIRGINIA/NEW JERSEY GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING". Exasperates me.

Newshour with Jim Lehrer on PBS, 6pm Mountain time. I like that Newshour. BBC America or Frontline if I want some international news.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X