X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least seven killed in shooting at Fort Hood in Texas

At least seven killed in shooting at Fort Hood in Texas

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...shooting-texas

'A mass shooting at a military base in Texas has left seven people dead and 12 injured, according to reports.

Speaking on CNN, lieutenant general Russel Honore, a former commander general at the Fort Hood compound, said he had been told that two men, armed with M16 rifles, carried out the attack.

"One was neutralised and the other was cornered," he said.

Other unconfirmed reports suggested that a third gunman may be involved.

Fort Hood is a sprawling 340 square mile military installation situated 50 miles south of Waco.

It houses some 4,929 active duty officers and 45,414 enlisted members of the army.'

Breaking news. Not good. Sorry.

Re: At least seven killed in shooting at Fort Hood in Texas

Just heard on the radio: the Associated Press is reporting the shooter was a staff member of the mental health services. A very sad day for the United States military.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Current totals: 11 killed, 31 wounded. One shooter is dead, two others in custody.

Comment

Military press conference coming soon, may be delayed a bit.

Shooter was a Major, Malik Nadal Hasan. Officials unsure atm if that was his birth name or was a recent convert.

Comment

How long before we start seeing more calls for gun control?
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

RIP too all the soldiers. Also heard that it was two pistols not rifles....... obviously confusion this early on.

Comment

Thats alot of deaths and injury for pistols, even rifles..... My condolences though.
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I hope the guy who did it got what he deserved.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

my concern coming out of this isnt gun control, its a new wave of bigotry against people of arabic descent. I was at the store maybe 2 hours ago and i heard people talking about it. one woman said, quite loudly, "did you hear it was a towelhead that did it?"

sad.

Comment

Thank you, Commander in Chief, for holding a press conference and laughing and smiling. Oh, and making the first point of business thanking some political leeches or something.

But you didn't forget to mention Fort Hood! Good for you! Which is what the whole press conference was supposed to be about.

Thanks for putting the politics and laughter above the men and women in uniform who died today.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      my concern coming out of this isnt gun control, its a new wave of bigotry against people of arabic descent. I was at the store maybe 2 hours ago and i heard people talking about it. one woman said, quite loudly, "did you hear it was a towelhead that did it?"

sad.
                      The first thing I noticed when I read the story was the guys name and I had the same thought as you.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Dated from last night. This is what I thought of when I heard his name:

"In the 11th edition of the online magazine Sada al-Malahim (The Echo of Battle), which was released to jihadist Web sites last week, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Nasir al-Wahayshi wrote an article that called for jihadists to conduct simple attacks against a variety of targets. The targets included "any tyrant, intelligence den, prince" or "minister" (referring to the governments in the Muslim world like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Yemen), and "any crusaders whenever you find one of them, like at the airports of the crusader Western countries that participate in the wars against Islam, or their living compounds, trains etc.," (an obvious reference to the United States and Europe and Westerners living in Muslim countries).

Al-Wahayshi, an ethnic Yemeni who spent time in Afghanistan serving as a lieutenant under Osama bin Laden, noted these simple attacks could be conducted with readily available weapons such as knives, clubs or small improvised explosive devices (IEDs). According to al-Wahayshi, jihadists "don't need to conduct a big effort or spend a lot of money to manufacture 10 grams of explosive material" and that they should not "waste a long time finding the materials, because you can find all these in your mother's kitchen, or readily at hand or in any city you are in."

From STRATFOR.

The guy's alive, so hopefully we hear some motive/answers for this. Heard some stuff "how coworkers harassed him" for his views on the current war, although in a wartime military openly talking to coworkers about how suicide bombers were comparable in honor and bravery to troops who jump on grenades to save their buddies is like sticking your hand in boiling water under the impression you won't get burned.

If he did do it because of "harassment"... then he still deserves the firing squad. Shame the military doesn't do that anymore.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems that he was being watched by the FBI for posting material "sympathetic" to suicide bombers on a blog. And an old General he worked with said he had stated he hopes the people rise up against the invaders. Of course this could be media speculation, but it's not sounding good. Hopefully they can gather more information from him soon as to why the hell he did this...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

sad.

The religion of peace strikes again.
                            The American Resistance Movement: Defending the nation from tyranny since 1776.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowmanActual View Post
                              The religion of peace strikes again.
                              You are saying anybody of middle eastern decent should be suspect?
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X