Do you dream in smells?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you dream in smells?

The question usually asked is whether one dreams in color. I'm pretty sure I do that. But I don't think I ever dream of smells, and I find it difficult to imagine smells. Is that true of everyone?

OTOH, I find smells to be very strong evocators of memory. A smell can suddenly bring back a very vivid recreation of a past experience. Could this be related?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Do you dream in smells?

I recall taste in dreams, IE eating something. Taste is strongly tied to smell, but you're right I don't really remember any 'smells' in a dream. Emotions, events, thoughts, touch, and I think taste, but not really smell.

But I've really never thought about it either ...

Comment

Only rarely do I remember smells or tastes from dreams. Mostly my dreams are sight and hearing based, occasionally textures.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I can't recall ever smelling anything in a dream -- but then, I don't usually smell anything while I'm awake either. I have a very poor sense of smell, so usually the only thing I'll smell all day is my dinner (if its been fresh cooked). Very few of my dreams involve eating anything, so I guess its not surprising that I wouldn't taste or smell anything.

Comment

Awake, I find certain smells trigger memories, good, bad, young, old, etc... Smelling while dreaming may cause a dream of a memory but I cannot remember dreaming of smelling.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X