Article: A taxing challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: A taxing challenge

Here is an interesting article about who pays what kind of taxes and its effect at the Federal, State and Local levels. Yes, it is an opinion/commentary piece.

http://washingtonindependent.com/708...xing-challenge
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: Article: A taxing challenge

Why do we even need taxes if the Federal Reserve just creates all the money the government will ever need? I suppose its fun to keep around for social engineering purposes, and for tinkering with class divisions. You wouldn't want that pesky middle class to seriously challenge our power if they don't like our latest war or inflationary spending binge! I hear there was a "freedom tax" proposal being floated around in some congressional committees that would go towards paying off the $12 trillion national debt. I for one, am more than willing to pay a tax on freedom if it gets results! I'd do anything to help get the nation out of debt!
    Last edited by aeroripper; 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM. Reason: needed more sardonic saucery
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Redistributive reform:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck[/media]
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What about Sherry Peel Jackson ? What do you think of her testimony about the IRS and federal taxes ?

http://stillaslave.blogspot.com/

http://www.sherrypeeljackson.com/

Comment

I think her commentary is misleading at best:
          Would you be surprised to know that, based on the income of many Americans, if you were able to keep the amount of tax withheld from you annually, this tax savings would equal the equivalent of full payment for a decent sized home in only three years?
          Median US household income: Overall, the median household income rose from $33,338 in 1967 to an all-time high of $44,922 in 1999, and has since decreased slightly to $43,318.

Explanation for those that don't know: Household means the combined income of all wage earners in the home, so a couple that makes 21,000 and 22,318 respectively would make the median income for a household. Median is the halfway mark, so 1/2 the country makes $43,318 or less per year before taxes.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

A household making that amount most likely pays 25% or less in taxes from that amount (for income, sales, property, etc) so that would give them $32,488.50 for a house. If they paid 50% in taxes overall (which they won't) they would still only have $64,977 for a house. That is going to buy you a pretty crappy house anywhere but in very rural areas of the midwest.

Sure many people (who make well over the median income per household) can afford a house with what they pay in taxes but most people can't. Many people can afford luxury cars too, whoop de do.

DO YOU CARE?
          If you care, do your own research and either make a decision to be an Informed Slave or GET OFF THE PLANTATION! Don't buy any research packages, just turn off WWF Smackdown, Moesha, Ally McBeal and Judge Mathis for at least a few days and check these sources:
          Wow, I may sound prejudiced here but the only people I know that watch the shows I marked in bold are from lower income households. I'm not sure what the other two are.

Do you realize that because of the above, the children, grand children, great grand children and great, great grandchildren of the FED owners will NEVER have to work a day in their lives while you work 12 hours a day just to make ends meet?
          Same with children of people anyone who has a fortune.

Did you know that President John F. Kennedy started creating United States dollars to replace the Federal Reserve dollars shortly before he was assassinated?
          Here's a link to what she is talking about: http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/executiveorder11110.htm

Since this comment is made in a vacuum it would appear that she is trying to link his assassination to the act. This is a completely irrelevant 'point' to the overall post and is simply there to elicit a response.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Well, the federal reserve is totally private, as Greenspan said. Also there is no gold backing the money since around 1933. There is inflation going on and it is a fact that there is no deflation, which is a problem on long term, especially for the middle class. That is one of the reasons why Kennedy wanted to shut down the FED, to stop the debt growing, the inflation and start a public reserve.

That's my understanding. I don't think she link the Kennedy's death to the 11110 act, but since the FED is private and generate billions of dollars to the owners, if someone wants to shut it down, I can easily figure that someone would like to stop it, even though I don't say this is what happened.

Anyway, I don't know Sherry Peel Jackson but I've heard of her testimony and I was wondering if there is anything in it to consider in your mind and thanks for speaking up.

Now I got question ; Overall, do you think the FED is a good system ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kossst View Post
              Now I got question ; Overall, do you think the FED is a good system ?
              Nope. It is too close to the industries that benefit from it's actions, and it is a separate entity from the government that does not have accountability.

I've never really understood how gold is such a great standard as opposed to any other object, but basing a currencies worth on the economy itself is a poor choice.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossst View Post
                Also there is no gold backing the money since around 1933
                It was actually August 15, 1971 that President Nixon announced the end of the gold standard in a speech to the Nation.

Unless you are referring to this:
                Federal Reserve notes are not redeemable in gold, silver or any other commodity, and receive no backing by anything This has been the case since 1933. The notes have no value for themselves, but for what they will buy. In another sense, because they are legal tender, Federal Reserve notes are "backed" by all the goods and services in the economy. Source.
                |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                  Wow, I may sound prejudiced here but the only people I know that watch the shows I marked in bold are from lower income households. I'm not sure what the other two are.
                  I liked Ally McBeal. It was a comedy and issue-drama about lawyers in Boston, similar to today's Boston Legal (also produced by David E Kelley, who's produced a lot of legal issue dramas). The cast would regularly break into musical numbers and the show was chock-full of smart babes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ally_McBeal
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_E._Kelley
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X