Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom calls 911 to stop video game playing son

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...ome&position=5

Mejia’s son - one of four children the 49-year-old is raising alone - was playing “Grand Theft Auto,” an exceedingly violent video in which the gamer assumes the role of ladder-climbing criminal.

An argument ensued as Mejia unplugged her son’s PlayStation. Then, this mad-as-hell mother dialed 911. Police responded and managed to talk the boy into shutting off the game and going to sleep.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Mom calls 911 to stop video game playing son

Wow. People just need to stop being stupid and raise their kids! This entire thing goes back to bad parenting. She needs to become more involved with him instead of buying him games and not giving a crap what happens. Parents these days never take responsibility for their failings so they have to blame video games, and MTV. Its absolutley sickening.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The article says she's a single mom raising 3 kids and she didn't authorize the purchase of the game he was playing in the middle of the night.

Back in the late 70's I was on the kid's end of that deal, with my mom raising me and my 2 brothers. I couldn't wait to get my own job and place so that I wouldn't be subject to my parents' rules. (Alas, I traded one parent for another: Big Government.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Wow. People just need to stop being stupid and raise their kids! This entire thing goes back to bad parenting. She needs to become more involved with him instead of buying him games and not giving a crap what happens. Parents these days never take responsibility for their failings so they have to blame video games, and MTV. Its absolutley sickening.
        People always assume that the children in these stories are regular kids (like every other issue). When these stories come out there is normally a follow up where the kid is noted as being diagnosed autistic, having severe behavior problems or brain trauma and the parent is simply overwhelmed. Overwhelmed people don't do a good job because they are frustrated. This article is not clear on that part.

My only thought was that a kid that age who doesn't listen shouldn't be playing that kind of video game because they clearly have self control issues to start with. Of course she is noted as saying:

Mejia said she approves of athletic-themed videos, but as for “Grand Theft Auto,” she said, “I would never buy that kind of video. No way. I called (police) because if you don’t respect your mother, what are you going to do in your life?”
        Maybe he borrowed it from a friend.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          My only thought was that a kid that age who doesn't listen shouldn't be playing that kind of video game because they clearly have self control issues to start with.
          Exactly. My little boy is only 11 months old so I won't have this problem for quite some time. But I did raise my ex-girlfriends daughter, who was three when we met, for six years. She did have a Playstation that I bought her, but was only allowed to play it when all her homework, chores, etc, were finished. Also her TV in her room had the V chip wich I had set to only G rated programming. Now she used to complain to me that she was only getting two or three channels out of an entire lineup of basic cable, but at least she wasn't watching adult programming. :)

In this article it appears that the woman is a single mother probably working and trying to raise all these kids. Its extremely difficult I'm sure, and her level of frustration lead to her calling the police. The fact that there seems to be no father does not help the situation either. Not sure how old the child was but GTA is not a game that I would ever buy my kid, like she stated. So she's trying not to subject her kid to that type of game and I commend her for that.
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Someone should have told her to unplug the game system, and or take the game and break it, seems though that this mother has no control over her kid anyways.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

"Hello? Is that the Police? I am incapable of telling my son what to do so could you send an officer round and do it for me? Thanks"

This woman should be disciplined for wasting police time.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I think this is a good argument for forced sterilization. Of both of them, since this kind of thing tends to be hereditary.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X