Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feminist would you marry one ? Why or why not ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminist would you marry one ? Why or why not ?

would you marry one ? Why or why not ?

Re: Feminist would you marry one ? Why or why not ?

I have a hard time taking this one seriously. She can't change you, you can't change her.

Have fun!

Comment

I know feminists who range from slightly off kilter to those who want to keep men in cryotubes just to keep them around for procreation. I sadly know a man who is married to the later and he has become a pushover who isn't allowed to say anything against what the wife does or states.

I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with one, since i love a good argument, but i would die if i was married to one.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Actually it does not affect me and I hardly know what feminism is, except that they are loud and obnoxious.
        I saw this question elsewhere and threw it in for the lulz

Comment

Feminist simply means they identify with the movement to enforce equal rights for women.
          Have a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Women who think they are superior to men aren't feminists. I am a 'feminist', and treat women equally and want legal equality for them. I also hate the double standard that sexism is OK if the woman is the one who benefits such as letting a woman go first because she is female, men pay for dates by default, women can't be hit but men can for offending someone because women are 'frail', etc. Equality means you lose the special treatments too.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
            Feminist simply means they identify with the movement to enforce equal rights for women.
            Have a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Women who think they are superior to men aren't feminists. I am a 'feminist', and treat women equally and want legal equality for them. I also hate the double standard that sexism is OK if the woman is the one who benefits such as letting a woman go first because she is female, men pay for dates by default, women can't be hit but men can for offending someone because women are 'frail', etc. Equality means you lose the special treatments too.
            +1

I am a feminist as well.

Comment

One of my best friends married a pretty devout "feminist," and I do not envy him in the least. Once at a party, she said she "had his nuts in a box." She completely wears the pants, and over the years he has become a complete eunuch. After seeing their relationship, my answer would have to be HELL no, I wouldn't marry one.

I'm all for equal rights and such, BUT when women actually use the term feminist about themselves, they usually tend to be uppity, pious, man-hating, bi***es. That's been my experience. I've dated a couple. NOT fun.

I actually enjoy treating a woman nice, being chivalrous, being their knight in shining armor. On a date, I opened the car door for the lady (which I ALWAYS do), and she told me "Thanks, I'm capable of getting the door on my own." That was the last I saw of her. I hate it when woman are so "empowered" that they don't allow US to be the men we were born to be. My best relationships have always been the ones where the woman is all woman in every way, and I get to be myself as well.

When men are castrated by their significant others, because of their so-called feminism, they end up growing quiet, silently bitter, and resentful. Miserable might be even more accurate. Don't do it.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  I actually enjoy treating a woman nice, being chivalrous, being their knight in shining armor. On a date, I opened the car door for the lady (which I ALWAYS do), and she told me "Thanks, I'm capable of getting the door on my own." That was the last I saw of her. I hate it when woman are so "empowered" that they don't allow US to be the men we were born to be. My best relationships have always been the ones where the woman is all woman in every way, and I get to be myself as well.
                  Holy sexism Batman!
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

There is a difference between a feminist and a "feminist".
                    I as a man see myself as a feminist, I believe in equality wether you are man or woman.

I personally think that the word feminist has been associated with women who claim superiority over men, that is not feminism, that is just wrong.

in my idealist mind every person is equal.

So would I marry a feminist?, is a dumb question.

Do I love him/her is a better one :)
                    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Many feminists today call themselves humanists because the term 'feminist' has taken on a pejorative connotation.

But damn holy sexism! lol. "I'm all for equal rights and such unless those them girls try to express them!" Talk about ironic. That is almost the exact male equivalent of a "feminist."

Comment

I whish there were some feminists around here sometimes :p . Most of the women in Italy and even Germany expect the man to be pretty traditional, to make a good earning and pay for the family. Thank god I am in a position where I am able to have that, its still pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                          I am a 'feminist'
                          I won't marry you, but I'd be willing to live together. :p
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I'm a Masculinist!

Holding doors, paying for dinner, supporting the family. ALL CRAP! Equal means equal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculism

Comment

I'm for equal rights, but its also the responsibility of both parents in raising the family. Some have said that the family unit has suffered with both parents working just to maintain the same living standards their parents did. The only thing I worry about is kids getting raised from the public school system (the state) and television, instead of their parents who are working all the time.

Every woman should be free to decide what she wants to do with her life and how to be treated, just like men.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X