Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight

http://thecrimemap.crimereports.com/...nowball-fight/

Iíve watched the videos depicting the incident several times and it is unclear to me why the officer felt it necessary to even exit his vehicle and pull his duty weapon in response to a snowball striking his vehicle. If I owned a Hummer and were safely nestled inside the armored mass of metal, I can only imagine that my reaction would be one of amusement as a snowball launcher tried to infiltrate!
    Is it any wonder that people want to ban the carrying of guns in cars?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight

One idiot shouldn't condemn what others can do perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      http://thecrimemap.crimereports.com/...nowball-fight/

Is it any wonder that people want to ban the carrying of guns in cars?
      Concealed carry already addresses these issues. Plus, how do you get a gun home from the store if you can't put it in your car?

As an officer he would have been exempt from that ban anyway.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Some states allow gun owners to carry weapons in their cars without a permit. Colorado is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          Concealed carry already addresses these issues. Plus, how do you get a gun home from the store if you can't put it in your car?

As an officer he would have been exempt from that ban anyway.
          Never let logic get in the way of a call for banning guns. ;)

Texas is a state that allows carrying loaded weapons on the seat next to you. Texans, when was the last time you encountered an incident of road rage in your state?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Twitter should be banned.

If I lived in a state where guns were not allowed I would throw refrigerators out the window when I got a case of road rage.

Texas civilian carry laws. http://www.txchia.org/txcarry.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
              Twitter should be banned.
              Twitter (and other social networks) is just the new IRC, upgraded to allow you to post pictures and video along with your text. And TG has an IRC channel.

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/tacticalgamer

Comment

Funny how we don't have these RIDICULOUS scenarios in the UK...

I would warrant that it is because hardly anyone owns a gun here and if they do it's for sport or is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...United_Kingdom

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by 1er View Post
                  Funny how we don't have these RIDICULOUS scenarios in the UK...

I would warrant that it is because hardly anyone owns a gun here and if they do it's for sport or is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...United_Kingdom
                  The person in the article was an off duty police officer.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE57O2N020090825

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's streets have become so blighted by violence, gangs and drugs under 10 years of Labour rule that some areas resemble the nightmare world of the hit U.S. cop show "The Wire," according to the Conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      Twitter (and other social networks) is just the new IRC, upgraded to allow you to post pictures and video along with your text. And TG has an IRC channel.

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/tacticalgamer
                      Twitter is the Paris Hilton of social networking.[media]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3424/parishiltonpicture1393c.jpg[/media]

Comment

That is a conservative making a political speech. Should expect them to say such things regardless of the truth.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHCI4W5D30[/media]

That guy was a jerk.

I do like the crowds reaction. They pretty much treat the "detective" like the bunghole he is.
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                            That is a conservative making a political speech. Should expect them to say such things regardless of the truth.
                            If you look at the actual statistics, violent crime is down significantly in the UK since they tightened their gun control laws.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                              If you look at the actual statistics, violent crime is down significantly in the UK since they tightened their gun control laws.
                              I heard that violent crime is down in the US as well.(http://www.tonic.com/article/fbis-su...t-so-is-crime/)

Doesn't make much sense since unemployment has gone up so much.

The article talks about
                              but it could have something to do with revised and improved police methods across the country as well as more people being at home and vigilant
                              Of course unemployment benefits are just now starting to run out so this may not last if the jobs don't start coming back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X