Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap knockoffs may force this famous product makers company to go bankrupt

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1296238/

I was hoping when I clicked the link at fark.com it was going to be about Louis Vuitton.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Cheap knockoffs may force this famous product makers company to go bankrupt

Aren't most of the knock offs from the countries that the USSR gave the plans to?

That is the point of patents anyway, to give limited control so everyone can benefit. If they are so easy to make then the problem is they aren't making them in a way that makes a profit, such as promoting them as the original, authentic or more reliable than their competitors.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Even the AK-47, arguably the most widely used instrument of genocide and mass murder in the history of the world can't survive in todays global economy. :)
      |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I don't see any problem in others reproducing the design. But I think it's fraudulent for them to use the name, since that implies that it's manufactured by the original company, or under license from it. It's essentially identity theft, using the reputation of another to sell your product. If you sell crap, you impugn the reputation of the legitimate holder of the brand, and you cripple the ability of customers to identify which manufacturers are reliable.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X