Masters of War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters of War

All I would like you to do if you will is just take a moment to listen to the words of this song with no distractions, just listen to it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhWVGi2-Uk&feature=related[/media]

Masters Of War - Bob Dylan

Come you masters of war
    You that build all the guns
    You that build the death planes
    You that build the big bombs
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy
    You put a gun in my hand
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
    You lie and deceive
    A world war can be won
    You want me to believe
    But I see through your eyes
    And I see through your brain
    Like I see through the water
    That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
    For the others to fire
    Then you set back and watch
    When the death count gets higher
    You hide in your mansion
    As young people's blood
    Flows out of their bodies
    And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
    That can ever be hurled
    Fear to bring children
    Into the world
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unnamed
    You ain't worth the blood
    That runs in your veins

How much do I know
    To talk out of turn
    You might say that I'm young
    You might say I'm unlearned
    But there's one thing I know
    Though I'm younger than you
    Even Jesus would never
    Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good
    Will it buy you forgiveness
    Do you think that it could
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand o'er your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead.

...I was listening to some Bob Dylan while trying to fall asleep and it woke me up and annoyed the crap out of me until I got up and made you people listen to this amazing song. Simply amazed at how horrifying human beings actions can be.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Masters of War

how high was bob dylan when he wrote this in 1915?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

good song
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Hah try 1963, This man did not just make up inebriated tunes to jam the night away with.
        I mean I am sure some of his songs could be songs that were written while high or drunk as a skunk. But the songs really tell an amazing story and flow so well. Especially this song.
        It made me want to get up and go spit on the grave of some dead American president's grave. Not that that would accomplish much but it also poses some questions...

Why do we let these corrupted people run our countries?

In "Masters of War," Dylan was echoing President Eisenhower's parting words to the country in 1961 -- a blunt warning about the military industrial complex and its corrosive effects on American life. Ike's words were still an important part of the public conversation when Dylan's song hit the airwaves nearly two years later.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
          Hah try 1963, This man did not just make up inebriated tunes to jam the night away with.
          I mean I am sure some of his songs could be songs that were written while high or drunk as a skunk. But the songs really tell an amazing story and flow so well. Especially this song.
          It made me want to get up and go spit on the grave of some dead American president's grave. Not that that would accomplish much but it also poses some questions...

Ask your Prime Minister, and it seems that this is meant for the sandbox forum.

I'm not going to get into with you in this forum, but I don't agree with you especially the last sentence you wrote.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post

It's who the people elect, so I suppose it's what they want, or don't mind. At any rate it really doesn't matter, even if you get someone in there who isn't corrupt, the President isn't even powerful enough to stop the corruption.

Comment

Eddy Vedder performed this song during a Dylan's tribute show. I personnally prefered Eddy's interpretation.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GHBk_HSXg[/media]

Comment

It can be sung by anyone and it will still make my bones chill with anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  Ask your Prime Minister, and it seems that this is meant for the sandbox forum.

I'm not going to get into with you in this forum, but I don't agree with you especially the last sentence you wrote.
                  It is now in the right place...

I am aware my Prime Minister is along the many that I am talking about and am displeased with.

Comment

If you like anti-war songs/movies, you should check out "Johnny got his gun". Probably the most depressing and shocking anti-war movie you'll ever see in your entire life.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...