Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super hero that drinks breast milk

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/05/..._depravity.php

There'll be a new anime airing on Japanese TV shortly, titled Qwaser of Stigmata, based on a manga (and yes, it's possible it should be "quasar" instead of "qwaser," but this isn't the important bit). In it, the Qwasers -- part of an Eastern Orthodox school called Saint Mihailov Academy -- a group of powerful people called adepts. It would be your standard dark fantasy series, except that the Qwasers gain their powers through... er, breast milk. Which means they have to nurse. A lot.
    I find myself at a loss for words.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Super hero that drinks breast milk

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
    Meh, that's Japan. They've got rather weird associations with Christianity, as it is relatively foreign to them, and hell, they have some pretty weird stuff to start with.

Comment

Lol...
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adiventure View Post
        Meh, that's Japan. They've got rather weird associations with Christianity, as it is relatively foreign to them, and hell, they have some pretty weird stuff to start with.
        Did I miss something? I didn't see any reference to Christianity in the article.

I recall when I was a kid, Underdog kept meth/speed/PCP in a secret compartment in his ring, to fight the extra-hard criminals.

And there was superhero 8th Man, who smoked cigarettes to get his power.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Did I miss something? I didn't see any reference to Christianity in the article.

I recall when I was a kid, Underdog kept meth/speed/PCP in a secret compartment in his ring, to fight the extra-hard criminals.

And there was superhero 8th Man, who smoked cigarettes to get his power.
          Well the title references stigmata, and it takes place part of an eastern orthodox school, I think it's pretty safe to say it is based heavily on some wierdass Japanese take on Christianity. Or possibly, since I certainly haven't seen this series, it could just be a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...talDragonJesus

Comment

Ah, when I see "orthodox", I don't automatically assume they mean orthodox Christianity. I figured if it was Japan, it was an orthodox version of an eastern religion. I also missed the stigmata reference, but I'd probably assume there's some eastern version of that, as well.

Comment

lol, weird
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Sounds about right for modern Japan.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Ah, when I see "orthodox", I don't automatically assume they mean orthodox Christianity. I figured if it was Japan, it was an orthodox version of an eastern religion. I also missed the stigmata reference, but I'd probably assume there's some eastern version of that, as well.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church

You completely lost me there. So, if I mentioned a 'Southern Baptist' academy, you might think I was referring to those Baptist Shintoists instead of the Baptist Christians?

Oh, and what a way to get your super powers! Where do I sign up?
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well, when I hear "orthodox", the very first thing that comes to mind is Orthodox Jews, because my first real association with a religion claiming to be orthodox was with a friend in my college dorm. (He achieved notoriety by flooding the dorm apartment below him by blessing his oven and setting off the fire sprinklers.)

Oh, and what a way to get your super powers! Where do I sign up?
                    I'm just glad this isn't a gay superhero. Eeeewwwwwweeee. :p

Comment

To those looking forward to this, you aren't missing anything, All the oppai was censored to hell and back.

NSFW source link:
                      http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...ed-by-censors/

POE2 Developer

Comment

This seemed appropriate:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY[/media]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X