Televised mummification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Televised mummification

A British TV channel is soliciting volunteers to undergo on-screen mummification:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...d-TV-show.html

The body of the candidate selected to be embalmed could then end up being displayed in a museum.

If the project goes ahead it will follow a trail of programmes which seek to challenge views on death. Television audiences have been shown an autopsy, carried out by the controversial German anatomist Dr Gunther von Hagens, and an on-screen assisted suicide.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Televised mummification

I have no problem with a voluntary mummification. It would prove very educational and good for scientific research. HOWEVER, trying to get a volunteer for a televised assisted suicide seems really really wrong. That's where they cross the line in my eyes. Why can't they just get a volunteer who's ready to kick the bucket anyways. There's lots of willing people who happily donate their bodies to science. Why not use one of them?
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Lets use the terminally ill for horror movie victims. Go out with a bang instead of all alone eating meals on wheels.

Comment

I would love to be mummified when I die...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
          Lets use the terminally ill for horror movie victims. Go out with a bang instead of all alone eating meals on wheels.
          My 82-year-old mom's got a standing request to donate her body to science. That doesn't just mean student autopsies and providing parts for medical research. It can also mean using a body in a "body farm", where a body is left out in the open under controlled conditions to advance the science of police forensics. And I'm fine with that.

I've also seen movies where some instructor chastises medical students for joking about cadavers, not showing them proper respect. As someone who's a big fan of irreverence, I grant the world permission to joke around with my body all you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_farm
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X