Some people need to be shot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to be shot.

It's amazing how crass and low people can be.
    First:
    http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/ar...-the-devil.php

Response:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPoWOw8Jm5w[/media]

Keith Olbermann pretty much said it all. Pat Robertson needs to go choke on something and Rush Limbaugh needs to overdose on his prescription meds.

Re: Some people need to be shot.

I tremendously hate the things Pat Robertson says, but I think Keith Olbermann was being unprofessional in his response, especially when Robertson is known for saying these things. The fact that he directly acknowledges him and reacts in this way just gives Robertson more exposure for his half-baked proclamations.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

But the interesting thing is that Robertson must have realized what a jackass he was being, because now he's DENYING he said what he did! I dont care if Olbermann was momentarily unprofessional, he said what needed to be said and what anyone who had previously heard the story was thinking anyway. Hundreds of thousands of people are possibly dead and these two jackasses go in public and let loose with idiocy. They deserve to be called out, as publicly as possible. The only thing that could have made it better is if the president had done it himself.

Comment

I have nothing to say in defense of Pat Robertson. But good grief, Olberman was being far more crass and insulting there than Limbaugh was. I think some of his disdain for Robertson must have been spilling over or something, because he just earnestly called for the damnation of two souls. Meanwhile, Limbaugh just enjoys taking things that have already been said with little or no objection by others, and repeating them to see if the objections will multiply when HE says those same things. And they almost always do. That may not be a game that interests you much, but surely it does not rise to the level of deserving eternal damnation? Or even a lethal overdose of prescription meds?

Comment

Keith Olbermann seems to have the moral high ground in this case, but he's also a self-bloviating, bomb throwing, opportunist. What makes Robertson's comments so outrageous -and this is just one incident in a long history of outrageous comments- is that he professes to be a Christian. Sadly he's no more Christian than Osama bin Laden. Remember a few years ago when Robertson was calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez, not exactly something Christ would advocate. He's just another Christian imposter like John Hagee who's so called ministry, Christians United for Israel , promotes Middle East invasion and blind support for Israel among other neo-conservative agendas.
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

You know that Robertson said something insane when Micheal Savage says he should apologize for it.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
              What makes Robertson's comments so outrageous -and this is just one incident in a long history of outrageous comments- is that he professes to be a Christian. Sadly he's no more Christian than Osama bin Laden.
              But he is a Christian. Being a Christian is nothing but believing it to be so.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

As much as LOATH Keith Olbermann, I have to agree with him there. There will always be radical nut jobs thinking that every natural occurrence is the result of the All Mighty raining fire and brimstone to heathens.
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                  But he is a Christian. Being a Christian is nothing but believing it to be so.
                  Saying your a Christian and being a Christian are two completely diffrent things...

That is one of the biggest problems with the Christian faith, many people only look at it as 'do you believe in Jesus?' if so then you are a Christian. There is more to it then just words.

Comment

There are as many Christianities as there are Christians. The great thing about religion is you don't have to be accountable to anyone but yourself.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X