• Tea baggers finally google 'teabagger'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-b..._b_460769.html

hahaha

Re: Tea baggers finally google 'teabagger'

Donkey punchers lol
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Comedy gold. They should watch the Daily Show, as this was pointed out when they first took the moniker.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Tea bag party = morons

Comment

I mostly get this impression from the group:

"We're tired of excessive government spending"
          "We want less national debt"
          "We need a revolution, without any real ideas of our own to fix it, just rhetoric"

The GOP is capitalizing on this to swing back into majority in Congress and maybe the presidency in 2012. There is only rhetoric, no substance, and nothing will really change.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

They don't even seem to understand what the Boston Tea Party was about, and yet they try to use that imagery to forward their movement.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
              I mostly get this impression from the group:

"We're tired of excessive government spending"
              "We want less national debt"
              "We need a revolution, without any real ideas of our own to fix it, just rhetoric"

The GOP is capitalizing on this to swing back into majority in Congress and maybe the presidency in 2012. There is only rhetoric, no substance, and nothing will really change.
              If they actually form another party, or do something like back the libertarian party, the Republicans will probably suffer badly.

Palin could also be a big problem for the GOP depending on what she does. If she just backs the GOP in local contests then good. If she goes national I don't know if she will hurt more or help more.

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              They don't even seem to understand what the Boston Tea Party was about, and yet they try to use that imagery to forward their movement.
              I wonder how many in the Boston Tea Party actually understood what it was about?
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

If they actually form another party, or do something like back the libertarian party, the Republicans will probably suffer badly.

Palin could also be a big problem for the GOP depending on what she does. If she just backs the GOP in local contests then good. If she goes national I don't know if she will hurt more or help more.

Do you honestly think a libertarian party has a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected in this country? I can already imagine their spokesperson giving a speech in front of the CFR and getting laughed out of the room. Does Palin even have real principles, much less plans to fix our debt problems, beyond just blaming Obama and the democrats?
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

For the record, I have never actually met or even heard of a member of the tea party movement describing themselves as "teabaggers", with the sole exception of the unlucky woman in this news article. I get the impression its mostly an unpleasant label put on them by their detractors.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    I had this same thought, Respect +1.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                      Do you honestly think a libertarian party has a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected in this country?
                      The fundamental nature of libertarians is that they want to be left alone. This goes squarely against the core objective of politics: To control others and make them do what you want, or take from them to carry out your own mission. The winners in elections are those who promise the most loot to the greatest number of supporters. (This happens at the local level, too. Perhaps even more so than at the State and Federal level.) Libertarians are condemned by their principles to promise to reduce loot taken, and hence alienate the majority of the voting public.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X