There's a new threat lurking in the streets of Los Angeles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a new threat lurking in the streets of Los Angeles

The LAPD has stepped up their efforts to protect the citizens of Los Angeles from the dangerous proliferation of Taco Trucks.

This has actually been going on for quite some time, but Reason TV issued this video recently.
    Taco trucks pull up to curbs and offer LA eaters everything from tofu bowls to Korean barbeque. Customers flock to them, and recently so have police officers. Truck owners report being cited for everything from parking too close to curbs to parking too far away. Sometimes officers shut them down.

Why would law enforcement target taco trucks for nuisance violations?

Turns out nearby restaurants don't like the competition.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: There's a new threat lurking in the streets of Los Angeles

Sadly, like the politicians pushing for their own self interest, this is how business works in the US. The police respond to whoever can influence their superiors, including elected officials who side with one group over another.

This is the problem with selective enforcement of laws, by choosing who to enforce laws against the executors are able to wield far more power for their own self interests than the lawmaking group who passed the laws to start with.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Why are the ones selling Korean food called Taco trucks? Shouldn't they be Korean food trucks or maybe Kimchi trucks?

Comment

Some Korean food trucks actually do sell tacos (not the 'authentic' Mexican types, but more Korean cuisine-ish). See http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/...y/tab/article/

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Oh man, Korean bbq taco sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
            Why are the ones selling Korean food called Taco trucks? Shouldn't they be Korean food trucks or maybe Kimchi trucks?
            Oh, man, it's a huge food fusion movement out west... I can't wait for it to spread eastward!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I want one on my curb!!

Comment

I loved the push cart vendors when I went to MIT, and I hated the way the Institute would harass them, probably at the instigation of the captive food service venues in the Student Centers. I miss being able to go to Andy's hot dog cart right outside my dorm on the way back from class. He had a very long line going up the street and always remembered my order (extra mustard). That's where I learned about New England hot dog buns, which are so much better than the ones you find in the rest of the country. (They also serve as the container in the Maine lobster roll.)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X