Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wow.

That guy is really angry. First time I see something like this :

Do you guys think this is going to be viral ? Personnally, I doubt of it.

He had a nice set up though...

Re: Just Wow.

Hmmm Why is the link not working ? Anyone know ?

Well... double lick on the sreen.. I know you know.

Comment

well it dsnt work because embedding or the vid is not turned on.

that guy is insane lol

Comment

Ha, I'd like to hear his "plans" for his business.

sigpic
        "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
        something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

That may get him even deeper.

I think that if you willingly destroy collateral for a loan the loaner can file charges. Any money awarded generally isn't wiped away by bankruptcy. Failure to pay that can lead to prison time.

The guy is just like a child that takes his ball home when the other kids refuse to play.
          Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            The guy is just like a child that takes his ball home when the other kids refuse to play.
            I would say he's more like a kid who agrees to play ball with someone else's baseball, then destroys the baseball.

The man OWED about half the value of his house. He apparently defaulted and violated his side of the agreement. It really wasn't his house he destroyed. Therefore, he would not be like the child who brings a baseball and wants to play his own way.

sigpic
            "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
            something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Indeed. The kid who takes his own ball home is someone we should protect. But this isn't that case.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                Is he, or was the bank being unreasonable? Here's an article about the incident:

Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure

Like many people, Terry Hoskins has had troubles with his bank. But his solution to foreclosure might be unique.

Hoskins said he's been in a struggle with RiverHills Bank over his Clermont County home for nearly a decade, a struggle that was coming to an end as the bank began foreclosure proceedings on his $350,000 home.

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone decides they want to take it no, I wasn't going to stand for that, so I took it down," Hoskins said.

Hoskins said the Internal Revenue Service placed liens on his carpet store and commercial property on state Route 125 after his brother, a one-time business partner, sued him.

The bank claimed his home as collateral, Hoskins said, and went after both his residential and commercial properties.

"The average homeowner that can't afford an attorney or can fight as long as we have, they don't stand a chance," he said.

Hoskins said he'd gotten a $170,000 offer from someone to pay off the house, but the bank refused, saying they could get more from selling it in foreclosure.

Hoskins told News 5's Courtis Fuller that he issued the bank an ultimatum.

"I'll tear it down before I let you take it," Hoskins told them.

And that's exactly what Hoskins did.

Man Says Actions Intended To Send Message To Banks

The Moscow man used a bulldozer two weeks ago to level the home he'd built, and the sprawling country home is now rubble, buried under a coating of snow.

"As far as what the bank is going to get, I plan on giving them back what was on this hill exactly (as) it was," Hoskins said. "I brought it out of the ground and I plan on putting it back in the ground."

Hoskins' business in Amelia is scheduled to go up for auction on March 2, and he told Fuller he's considering leveling that building, too.

RiverHills Bank declined to comment on the situation, but Hoskins said his actions were intended to send a message.

"Well, to probably make banks think twice before they try to take someone's home, and if they are going to take it wrongly, the end result will be them tearing their house down like I did mine," Hoskins said.

Hoskins said he's heard from people all over the country since his story first aired Thursday, and he said most have been supportive.

He said he sought legal counsel before tearing down his home and understands the possible consequences, but he has never doubted his decision once he made it.

"When I knew I was going to lose it, I decided to take it down," Hoskins said.
                It sounds to me that his failed business -it was a carpet business wich probably failed along with the housing crash- caused all the problems. It seems the bank sought to take his personal home as collateral for his business debt. There are legal safegaurds against personal assets being taken when your business fails, I'm not sure what type of corporation he had established and what the Ohio state law is though. Anyway, he destroyed the home rather than the bank take it, he says he found a buyer but the bank refused to accept the offer saying they could get more money in auction after foreclosure. We clearly don't have all the details, but we will see more of this type of thing as the economy further deteriorates and people loose their minds along with their material possessions.
                |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                  It sounds to me that his failed business -it was a carpet business wich probably failed along with the housing crash- caused all the problems. It seems the bank sought to take his personal home as collateral for his business debt. There are legal safegaurds against personal assets being taken when your business fails, I'm not sure what type of corporation he had established and what the Ohio state law is though. Anyway, he destroyed the home rather than the bank take it, he says he found a buyer but the bank refused to accept the offer saying they could get more money in auction after foreclosure. We clearly don't have all the details, but we will see more of this type of thing as the economy further deteriorates and people loose their minds along with their material possessions.
                  It's not totally clear be it sounds to me like he put up his home as collateral for a loan to invest in his business. Bad move. In that case the bank is in the right.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X