Top 10 worst paying jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 worst paying jobs

http://netscape5.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid={9C2BEDF7-3670-4454-A83E-BC84A0605564}&siteid=netscape&dist=special

Though I have to disagree with the dishwasher being one of the worst paying jobs. No education required job that is earning more than minimum wage? Blah, either put up with the conditions or go out and improve yourself to get a better job.

Police Officers ($41,950):

I Totally disagree wit this, Yes this may be their base salary and yes they have a hard job but they make a ton of money doing traffic duty.

3 Cops in my town made over 100,000 each last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
      Police Officers ($41,950):

I Totally disagree wit this, Yes this may be their base salary and yes they have a hard job but they make a ton of money doing traffic duty.
      Traffic duty? That's not available to all cops... And, just like with the military, a hundred grand is still not enough pay for people that put their lives on the line every day to protect the people that are too cowardly to protect themselves...

Oh, and WalMart night floor cleaning crew wasn't on the list... 10 hour days, 6 days a week at $1.50 an hour sounds kinda crappy to me...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
        maybe it means jobs that dont involve illegal immigrants :P
        Is there such a thing?
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Traffic duty? That's not available to all cops... And, just like with the military, a hundred grand is still not enough pay for people that put their lives on the line every day to protect the people that are too cowardly to protect themselves...
          Everyone puts their lives on the line everday, I drive my care everyday. Sure the city cops have a harder time but They only make up a small percentage of the total cops in this country, most are just small town guys that do traffic duty, domestic abuse, and write tickets.

I would feel safer to be a cop on a bike than a everyday car driver.

Sure their job is hard, but isnt everyones!

Comment

Everyone puts their lives on the line everday, I drive my care everyday.
            Somehow, this is just not the same as when the cop puts his life on the line. Does your job involve risk? Does your job involve criminals that do not think twice about taking your life away? A Louisville cop was recently stabbed with a knife while she was searching an alleyway for a suspect. Somehow, the potential for an accident while driving your car doesn't compare to this cop's daily job.

Sure the city cops have a harder time but They only make up a small percentage of the total cops in this country, most are just small town guys that do traffic duty, domestic abuse, and write tickets.
            While rural cops don't have the level of crime that city cops face, there is still potentially more danger in their job than a common car accident. I am at work right now but I bet you I can find alot of instances on the web where a rural cop's life was in danger while doing his job.

Comment

Somehow, this is just not the same as when the cop puts his life on the line. Does your job involve risk? Does your job involve criminals that do not think twice about taking your life away? A Louisville cop was recently stabbed with a knife while she was searching an alleyway for a suspect. Somehow, the potential for an accident while driving your car doesn't compare to this cop's daily job.
              I work Tech Support. For Hewllet Crapard. The potiential that I will go homicidal is quite high.
              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Sure their job is hard, but isnt everyones!
                I'll grant you that all jobs need somebody to do it, but the amount that the position earns is made up of many different things. If you're being paid to specifically put yourself into harms way in order to protect people that you've never met before, I think you deserve to be paid well...

If you're emptying trashcans and mopping floors, I'll respect you and your job. Somebody has to do it. But the level of education, the amount of personal resposibility and the amount of prospective danger is far, far less than that of a cop or teacher or soldier.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                  uhhh...the INS? (just about the only one i can think of)
                  Heh... That job involves a LOT of illegal aliens! :D
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

a potato grader and seperator only gets $5.50 an hour. thats pretty bad considering the fact that they have 10 hour a day jobs 7 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomLord
                      a potato grader
                      So how many potatoes fail to get their diplomas each year? *sorry I just had to say it* :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                        a potato grader
                        So how many potatoes fail to get their diplomas each year? *sorry I just had to say it* :P

Lmao... This is a good one.. I give it a B+
                        I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                        --Douglas Adams

Comment

potato grading is sorting them by size. and nice one smart ass ;)

Comment

a potato grader and seperator only gets $5.50 an hour. thats pretty bad considering the fact that they have 10 hour a day jobs 7 days a week.
                            Federal law says that they only get paid $5.50 an hour for their first 40 hours per week, and after that they must get paid time and a half which would be, what, $8.25? Average that out over their entire work week, and they make about $6.65 an hour, I believe.

Not bad for a job that requires no education, no special skills and no training, IMO...
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

last i knew of the pay being $5.50 was this past summer. my cousin or Diablo's nephew works in potato grading and has only ever gotten paid $5.50 an hour so i dunno if that federal law pertains to certain companies or what.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X