SK POW escapes NK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SK POW escapes NK

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-reodd&idq=/ff/story/0002%2F20031124%2F053789679.htm&photoid=20031120XL EE101

Think this is going to hurt relations between SK and NK? :?

It is bad enough that NK was holding Japanese citizens hostage and refused to let their families go free after the world found out :?

I'm embarassed at how long it took me to figure out what SK and NK stood for.
    [volun]

Comment

He's 72. 72 years old and he almost made it home. :(

I didn't realize N & S Korea had relations to hurt. You mean they've been talking to each other? I thought South Korea just sort of sat there shivering in the middle while North Korea looms and our military bases try to act casual about our occupancy...

What is the situation over there, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
        I'm embarassed at how long it took me to figure out what SK and NK stood for.
        Sorry, I thought that was pretty obvious. I figured when I said SK POW escapes from NK that would be like a lightbulb to everyone, then I forget that not everyone is as interested in history as I am :?

Comment

I got it.

And no South Korean and North Korea don't have much in good relations to hurt, its more the escalation of bad relations. Plus China is somewhat neutral, with a bit of a bias towards North Korea. So things don't look too good for this man.
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
            I didn't realize N & S Korea had relations to hurt. You mean they've been talking to each other? I thought South Korea just sort of sat there shivering in the middle while North Korea looms and our military bases try to act casual about our occupancy...

What is the situation over there, anyway?
            Well, up until the Nuclear bomb incident, SK was making peace inroads towards NK, even though a peace treaty still hasn't been signed. NK needs SK's help to stay alive while SK believes that by extending the olive branch so to speak, they can cause a positive change inside of NK. Up till now, they were resuming flights between the 2 countries and working together to build industrial parks and railroads connecting the 2 countries. However, NK's insistance to arm itself with a nuclear weapon has SK concerned (NK did try to erase SK's existance in the 1950s and maintains a sizeable army just north of SK's border). Hell, NK has gotten Russia and China concerned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X