Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is official! *IMPORTANT* (multicam being deployed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is official! *IMPORTANT* (multicam being deployed)

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...or-use-in-oef/

Finally done. US Army Adopts Multi-cam for troops in Afghanistan. It's official!
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: It is official! *IMPORTANT* (multicam being deployed)

Wow....looks like BDU's with ACU pockets....Cutting edge. *Sigh* The Army is always a day late and a dollar short.

Its also been proven that the pattern on BDU's actually attracts your eyes attention. Thats why we went to digital pattern.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Wow....looks like BDU's with ACU pockets....Cutting edge. *Sigh* The Army is always a day late and a dollar short.

Its also been proven that the pattern on BDU's actually attracts your eyes attention. Thats why we went to digital pattern.
      Multicam is a very high tech camouflage. We used to say that the old woodland pattern (what you're calling BDUs) was made up of four colors. If you notice, in multicam, some "colors" actually have gradients that have a hard border on one side of the pattern, but that fade into another color on the other side of the pattern. Multicam is one of the few camos that is actually more effective in a wider variety of situations than some of the digital camos that have come out recently. The Army screwed up by not wanting to have a woodland and desert digital camo. The mint green ACUs were just too much of a compromise unless you were trying to blend in to an ugly couch in Iraq:

Check out the multicam website for some impressive (but staged to highlight their product) photos: http://www.multicampattern.com/
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

British Army has went down a very similar path with this announcement recently...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8422942.stm

Comment

$4k for 4 outfits?
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Time to go work on a new protest sign: "US out of my couch!" :p
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
              $4k for 4 outfits?
              Apparently there was a competing design that was almost as good, but not quite, for far less cost. But they decided money was no object here and went for the top-of-the-line stuff. :)

Comment

I would except 1000$ (1000 pound?) uniforms to do my fighting for me. And also make me tea. And maybe a massage.

Comment

How much does a good business suit cost?

http://askville.amazon.com/pay-busin...uestId=2574775

Such a suit could be considered combat-capable for the corporate sharks out there that want to chew you up.

How much does the rest of your combat kit cost, including your firearm? I would expect you'd want to pay a bit more for good defense than good offense. Protect your butt, then worry about kicking the other guy's butt.

How much do professional sports teams pay for a player's gear?
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X