Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Pediatrician Charged with 471 Counts of Child Molestation

Delaware pediatrician accused of sexually abusing patients

A Delaware pediatrician has been indicted on 471 felony counts in the alleged sexual abuse of his patients, prosecutors announced Monday.

The Sussex County grand jury indictment accuses Dr. Earl Bradley, 56, who has had a practice in Lewes, Delaware, for more than 10 years, of victimizing 103 children -- all but one girls. The charges range from rape and sexual exploitation of a child to endangering child welfare and assault.

Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden told CNN Radio the indictment is based on "video and digital evidence" seized from Bradley's home and medical practice in December. Authorities have not ruled out additional charges, he added.

"The reality is that as a prosecutor, the rules prohibit me from telling you exactly how I feel -- and I'm feeling a great deal today," Biden said.

Bradley also has medical licenses in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida. Authorities have said they have contacted officials in those states.

He was initially arrested and charged in December.

Bradley's attorney, Eugene Maurer Jr., said he would base his client's defense on mental health.

"Most of the evidence in this case comes from videotapes -- it's kind of hard to argue with videotapes," Maurer said, adding, "The issue in this case is going to come down to his mental health at the time."

Biden said Bradley will be arraigned within four to six weeks.
    There are just no words to describe how outrageous and disgusting this is. Apparently the so called doctor video taped most of this stuff, so it seems to be an open-and-shut case.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Delaware Pediatrician Charged with 471 Counts of Child Molestation

I'm appalled.

POE2 Developer

Comment

471 little kids, taken advantage of by a pervert in a position of trust. It... I don't know. Beyond words.

He'll have a fun time in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
        471 little kids, taken advantage of by a pervert in a position of trust. It... I don't know. Beyond words.

He'll have a fun time in prison.
        Yea, it's actually 103 children totaling 471 counts of various charges involving child molestation. But thats ok, I understand your post completely, as I was totally shocked as well. Maybe someone could help this doctor on his way to meet his maker, like the father in this video:

Now, I understand that we can't have people seeking vengeance for crimes committed against their family members, as it would lead to lawlessness. But, after watching this video you have to ask yourself - would you have done the same thing if it was your son that was victimized by a pedophile? It's a perplexing question indeed. Any thoughts on this issue?
        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

hmm probably ide just go beat the guy up rly badly. if it is about your child or family member, screw the law in my view. you family is more important than a law.

Comment

I imagine he won't be treated well in prison
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Mental health? How do you do this without being mentally messed up? Isn't that a given? Can proof of "insanity" (whatever the technical term is for what he has) be used for permanent incarceration, since criminal punishment is likely to provide only temporary containment?
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                Mental health? How do you do this without being mentally messed up? Isn't that a given? Can proof of "insanity" (whatever the technical term is for what he has) be used for permanent incarceration, since criminal punishment is likely to provide only temporary containment?
                We can't blame all negative behaviors on mental health issues, some extremely harmful behavior is simply how the person has developed over the years.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

The fact that recidivism rates are high for child molesters suggests that this is a deeply-wired phenomenon. Should we care what the source is, if we can't "cure" it? Better to accept that this person is broken in a way we can't currently fix (and prison certainly won't accomplish that!) and we need to wall him off until a time arrives that we know how to do so.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I think someone just got a free copy of the Guiness Book Of Records. And for once it didn't go to someone at the Vatican :).

Btw Itchymonkey the best therapy afaik is chemical castration. There isn't any other form that works. Chemical castration works pretty good though. It can only be on voluntary basis though for ethical reasons of not being like Hitler, Mengele etc.

Comment

"Not being like Hitler" is a moral imperative now? I would have thought the terrible stuff he did was bad on its own merits, and not just because Hitler was the one who did it. I'm pretty sure Hitler brushed his teeth too. :p

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                        Btw Itchymonkey the best therapy afaik is chemical castration. There isn't any other form that works. Chemical castration works pretty good though. It can only be on voluntary basis though for ethical reasons of not being like Hitler, Mengele etc.
                        I disagree. I think that making chemical castration a punishment decreed for any subsequent conviction of sexual assault would be morally defensible.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          I disagree. I think that making chemical castration a punishment decreed for any subsequent conviction of sexual assault would be morally defensible.
                          Not all sexual assaults are based on sexual drive. Many, if not most, are done as an act of power over the victim and castration won't necessarily affect that drive to dominate. Voluntary castration by the convicted as a condition of release for those with a clinically diagnosed sexual basis for their drive is appropriate.

Locking them up for life or allowing an option instead of forced castration is more ethical than state mandated mutilation. Forced castration is like chopping off a hand for repeated theft, an act of an uncivilized culture.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Personally, I think they should take people like that to every major city, and hold a charity event. Pay 10 bucks and everyone gets to take a swing at him. You let out your anger towards people that can do that to children, he get constantly punished for what he did, and you raise money for the families of the victims court costs and whatever else.

Being a father myself I am sickend by people that could do this, and want nothing but to hurt the people that hurt children. That is inexcusable!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                              Forced castration is like chopping off a hand for repeated theft, an act of an uncivilized culture.
                              I hear you, but, and perhaps it's emotional, I can't help but see a huge difference between a crime that is committed to somehow improve your life (theft), and a crime that does nothing but hurt someone. I know why a thief steals. I know why people smoke pot. I know why people speed on the highway. I know why people pay money for sex. I know why people smuggle illegal aliens across the border. I can relate to all these criminals. I understand why they break the law. Somehow, in some way, breaking the law benefits them. But when it comes to sexual assault, I'm unable to relate, and I find an heinous punishment fitting for such an heinous crime.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X