X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualified advanced diver.

this weekend, i was qualified as an advanced PADI open water diver,

i did 5 dives over 2 days covering
    1. Deep diving, i went to 30 meters below, did a few narcosis tests and then came up...

2. underwater navigation, i did 4 tests of navigation, reciprical compas test, natural navigation test, squar pattern test, and surface marked, decent navigation....

3. wreck diving, i dived a small TUG boat, which was 18 meters under, i then moved off the boat and went to a sunken helocopter ex RAF and dived that in 22 meters of water..

4. multilevel dive, this is a techniques of diving deep, then increasing your no decompression time by gradually comming up and finding dive positions shallower..

5. was a baisic orientation, where i swam into an underwater Pub, even when im diving i go to the pub, i was diving a disused quarry, and the old quarry pub (the congcrete shell nothing else) is 8 meters below, so i swam in that had a look round, and then went onto the cockpit of an aircraft, dont know what one.... pretty cool

so now i am fully qualified as an advanced open water diver, which means i am not restricted to 18 meters but now can go to 40 meters.....

www.TeamElement.com

Re: Qualified advanced diver.

way cool............. ive never been diving in my life (which has been short). is it fun. or just funny to watch? lol. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
      way cool............. ive never been diving in my life (which has been short). is it fun. or just funny to watch? lol. :icon_lol:

extremly fun once you are trained, (this is the second stage training i have already got open water ) you have alot of fun playing with the fish, finding wrecks and history...

i have nothing but glowing reports.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I'm jealous ...I soooo want to spend the time and money to do that...just seems I don't ever have both at the same time :/

Comment

cool, ill have to try it sometime.

Comment

I'm spoiled... I did most of my dives off Hawaii or in the pristine waters of the Indian Ocean. When I came back to New England, and dove in Narragansett bay, It kinda turned me off.... cold.... murky.... kinda dirty.... Still beautiful, but not what I had gotten used to.

The last dive I made was in the living seas exhibit in Epcot at Disney World. That was kinda cool. My family was having dinner in the underwater resturant and I swam up to the window and blew bubbles.

Congratulations, DudeMan! Have you done much diving at night?

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
              I'm spoiled... I did most of my dives off Hawaii or in the pristine waters of the Indian Ocean. When I came back to New England, and dove in Narragansett bay, It kinda turned me off.... cold.... murky.... kinda dirty.... Still beautiful, but not what I had gotten used to.

The last dive I made was in the living seas exhibit in Epcot at Disney World. That was kinda cool. My family was having dinner in the underwater resturant and I swam up to the window and blew bubbles.

Yes you are spoiled, most of my diving is in visibility of 3-5 meters, and itís cold around England. I was in 9 degrees centigrade this weekend, although I have a 5 mm neoprene semi dry suit which made the cold negligible.

I am going to do a few night dives in October when I go to the Red Sea Egypt and I am a little apprehensive about the night dives, purely because navigation on the surface is bad, and the torches are ok, but not all that effective IMOÖ but Iím still going to do it and see, if for nothing else than experience.

Thanks for the good words, nice to see some other divers around, you tend to get alot of blank faces when you talk to the non diving population.

Phyllis, i strongly suggest you do it, i have spent alot of money, had to take this weekend off work, etc etc..... but it is absolutly amazing, you will see things regular people can only watch on the discovery channel. seriously good luck trying to find the time, it is more than worth the effort.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by FNG

Have you ever done the UBoat dive off the southern RI coast? That's pretty interesting. There are some good places to dive down in the Westerly/Watch Hill area as well. Visibility there is far better than in the bay.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  Have you ever done the UBoat dive off the southern RI coast? That's pretty interesting. There are some good places to dive down in the Westerly/Watch Hill area as well. Visibility there is far better than in the bay.
                  i didnt know you were a dver apophis....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                    i didnt know you were a dver apophis....
                    In a previous life. I haven't had the free time over the past many years that I wanted to devote to diving. I spent a lot of my free time jetskiing over the past few years which kept me entertained and wet.

I think I'll probably get back into it eventually, just not anytime in the forseeable future.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Congrats Dudeman! Post some pics already! I plan on taking my Dad to see Ireland someday in the future and besides a little golf I can't wait to do some diving around there.

I'm planning on doing the advanced diver on my next vacation, whenever that is. I've only done about 20 dives, but I like the idea of having a goal for each dive.

We don't have a restriction here at 18 meters for the basic open water. Is that a European PADI rule?
                      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                        Congrats Dudeman! Post some pics already! I plan on taking my Dad to see Ireland someday in the future and besides a little golf I can't wait to do some diving around there.

I'm planning on doing the advanced diver on my next vacation, whenever that is. I've only done about 20 dives, but I like the idea of having a goal for each dive.

We don't have a restriction here at 18 meters for the basic open water. Is that a European PADI rule?
                        hmm squid i suggest you consult your padi instructor, i may be wrong, but a padi openwater diver is only trained for 18 meters 30 feet. there is no European Padi course as far as i am aware of, i took the american (and only as i understand it) Padi course.

its not like a law, you wont get arrested going deeper, but you ae not sufficiently trained as a baisic open water diver,

atleast thats my course knowledge, you may very well have a different course i dont know... Ireland is very good, its extemely clear water, (not like tropics and that) like 10-15 meter clear vis in most places, problem is there are not that many places that o dives, you will need to contact some company over there first, and arrange dives before you even go on holiday. but good luck, i hope you have as much fun as i have had there its great.

he he he, i would have posted some pics, however, my camera filled up with water 22meters down, one of the buttons let in water, and that is a £400 or $800 camera. so as you can imagine i am more than annoyed, im going to see if my insurance covers the cam, but i didnt get any pics, sorry.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X