Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adm. Willard assure congressman that Guam will not capsize.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adm. Willard assure congressman that Guam will not capsize.

Seriously. This isn't a parody. Representative Hank Johnson (D-GA).

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/i...er-and-capsize

Re: Adm. Willard assure congressman that Guam will not capsize.

Why does Guam need 8,000 more personnel, anyway? Oh, right. For the Empire.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

...That's it? A government official in the House of Representatives seriously thinks an island will capsize (taking two minutes to form a coherent thought) and you're commenting on the number of troops on Guam? :P

Comment

He made a bad analogy. What is the point?
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Sadly, I suspect the honorable member from Georgia could not (like many of his fellow Americans) find Guam on a map.

Comment

He made a bad analogy. What is the point?
            He takes a full minute to babble out the dimensions of the island and then uses hand gestures to illustrate the island tipping over.

Looking back on this guy's other moments, this could be considered him being coherent.

Although I must say that it is sad that he's suffering from some sort of terminal liver disease. Hepatitis C, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
              It wasn't an analogy, Gringo. Look at his hand gestures. He genuinely thinks islands would capsize if you overload them with people.

The point is that he's a moron.
              I knew what he was getting at as soon as I watched the video. Considering he was talking about a small island and adding more people and was discussing with a navy dude it was pretty obvious to me. He should of just talked about overcrowding. Don't know why people force analogies but they do.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Haha, yeah, ok. :D

Comment

If I had a nickle for every time a politician said something stupid... they'd tax it from me! :p

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Why does Guam need 8,000 more personnel, anyway? Oh, right. For the Empire.
                    To be fair, I don't think these are an additional 8,000 troops deployed overseas to the existing foreign contingent, rather these 8,000 are generally being moved from Okinawa, Japan where the military profile is being reduced considerably. Certainly, these personnel are designed to project US power aboard, arguably for imperialistic goals, but surely the movement of forces from non-US bases to those located on US soil is a contraction of our 'empire.'

There was a good PBS show on this redeployment, I think it was in Bill Moyer's journal.

Comment

What analogy? An analogy between what two things, in what respect, and what's the comparison?

Comment

I was willing to go along with it being a bad analogy, that increasing the island's population by another fifth would trigger a economic, cultural and/or environmental collapse. But then he got to the whole global warming thing and didn't use the "capsize" thing as an analogy any longer, and I decided that he literally thought the island might tip.

Sad...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What I find even more interesting, given the number of people that like to point out how stupid republicans are, is the fact this is a democrat. Had this been a republican, this would have made national news.

/edit: Guess this isnt his first time talking out his fourth point of contact. check this out at 1:30
                          http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/poli...n.wingnuts.cnn

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                            What I find even more interesting, given the number of people that like to point out how stupid republicans are, is the fact this is a democrat. Had this been a republican, this would have made national news.
                            But you have to remember, Republicans have evil, selfish intentions and happen to do good as a side effect (through the "invisible hand"), while Democrats are well-meaning but have abominable results. It doesn't matter what you accomplish, only what you intend. :row__633:

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              POLITICIANS have evil, selfish intentions and happen to do good as a side effect (through the "invisible hand"),
                              There fixed that for you. I am not really for one side or the other. I am a firm believer that regardless of affiliation, both sides are out for THEIR best interests. There are few in politics that are actually concerned with the American people. I just hate hearing from the liberals, how bad the republicans are, when they are just as bad. It just hasnt been fashionable as of late to be a liberal smasher. And it kinda feels that way in these forums as well, as of late.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X