Wear your gun at Starbucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear your gun at Starbucks

The Brady people are trying to pressure restaurants and coffee shops to ban the open carry of guns in their establishments. Starbucks is bucking the trend by refusing to submit to this and is continuing to allow its customers to defend themselves.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Tel...00210-331.html

Tons of hits about the issue from this google search:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=starbucks+guns
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Wear your gun at Starbucks

I always wear my gun to Starbucks. I finally signed up for their rewards card and am getting close to getting a gold card. I'm excited.

I wish, though, that there were more mom 'n pop coffee houses. The only reason I get Starbucks is because I don't know of any other place that makes espresso, and McD's lattes are kinda nasty...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      I always wear my gun to Starbucks.
      Open carry?

I guess Texas is just a really different place than NY. :p I've never seen anyone ever open carry around here, even in the "red" upstate areas.

Comment

Texas does not have open carry, oddly enough....

Cing is Copper though, so he can do what he wants! :D
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Ah, NY doesn't either. That explains it.

Comment

I like the Starbucks policy, they choose to observe state law rather than some national corporate standard wich may be contrary to local laws and statutes. Works for me. Here's what they said about their gun policy.

After activists in a loosely organized open carry movement in California began gathering in Starbucks outlets, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence called on the company to ban guns from its shops, much the same way California Pizza Kitchen and Peets Coffee and Tea did after similar meet-ups in their cafes. Starbucks resisted. The company said, instead, that it would “comply with local laws and statutes” and that the “political, policy, and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.” Link.
            |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Gotta admit, I like that they're not getting involved in the politics of this, and just leaving things up to the law.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Arizona is open carry, last Damonte checked.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                  Arizona is open carry, last Damonte checked.
                  The state is, but individual cities might not be. Kansas is open carry but some cities are not while you are within city limits, and any private business has the option to refuse openly carried or concealed weapons by simply posting a sign. Additionally there are limitations on public buildings and locations for concealed or open carry.

We actually have a very informative and accessible concealed carry program: http://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry

I plan on getting a concealed carry permit when I have the available funds and don't spend them on computer upgrades :)
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

If some nutjob cuts loose at Peet's, there won't be any chance of any quiet and responsible citizens cutting him down. I'm going to keep buying my latte at Starbucks.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

But you live in California where there's no open carry in anything but the unincorperated rural areas.

Comment

Plus, I live near a gang-ridden part of town. So my life expectancy is even shorter. I can't wait to get out of this State.

Comment

I remember reading something about a guy meeting with a few other guys who were open carrying in a city that was by the ocean (maybe not SF or LA but somewhere that wasn't rural) in California. They couldn't have the pistol loaded or with a magazine in, but they still open carried. Was a few years ago, though.

Kentucky allows open carry in most places I believe, along with a concealed carry program that doesn't need a "reason" as some do.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            Plus, I live near a gang-ridden part of town. So my life expectancy is even shorter. I can't wait to get out of this State.
                            If you won't miss the beach or the mountains, you might like North Texas. You would definitely like the real estate prices! I did when I moved from California (well, via NC), and I have no regrets whatsoever.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              Lol, I can't wait to get out of Chicago. Worst gun laws of any municipality anywhere in my opinion. I'm pretty sure handguns are outlawed within city limits unless you happen to be a LEO or a gangbanger. Shotguns seem to be a gray area. Depending on who I ask, I either get a "yes" or a "no". Seeing how people here freak out at the mention of firearms, I hesitate to walk into the local precint to even ask about the gun laws. I spent months trying to research it online and in the local libraries to no real avail. We are truly clueless as residents.

And that Brady campaign has no need to come to my home town. No one except practically cops can even open carry within Starbucks (or anywhere else in the city).
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X