No announcement yet.

Master/Slave hardware terminology to be banned?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master/Slave hardware terminology to be banned?

Yes folks, in an attempt to sink to new lows of PC and overall idiocy, LA County has asked vendors to stop using the industry term "Master/Slave" in product descriptions and labelling.

Oh the humanity!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Next thing you know, they'll want us to stop referring to the primary bus as the Underground Railroad.

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

It is LA

nuff said

Didn't you know? It's sexist to use the terms "male" and "female" when referring to connector "genders". You must use "plug" and "receptacle" instead...

I, for one, always have a few gender-benders on hand, for when slot A and tab B won't mate without help :)
        "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

It has feelings and emotion too you know.

Next, someone will be screaming that the "Submit" button on the bottom of forms is inappropriate.

Originally posted by =luna=
              Next, someone will be screaming that the "Submit" button on the bottom of forms is inappropriate.

:D :D :D

Good one Luna....

and I thought I had the dirty mind...

It made CNN :P

And I thought this was interesting....

"I do understand that this term has been an industry standard for years and years and this is nothing more than a plea to vendors to see what they can do," he said. "It appears that some folks have taken this a little too literally."
                Um, I think taking it too literally happened when the person filed the complaint initially :?

If I was the guy that worked in that department and received this complaint, this would be my response

Dear Sir,

This is to acknowledge your complaint about the "master" and "slave" labels regularly used on electronic components. For your information, these terms are not discriminating in intent but instead tell of the relationship each component has in the system. It is impossible and impractical of us to request that the computer industry change their terminology just to satisfy one person's sensibilities.

However, all is not lost. I have recently sent in a purchase request to the Purchasing department for thicker skin to be ordered for you. Please stop by the Purchasing department sometime this week to get fitted for your new skin.

Any other complaints of this nature, feel free to drop them off at my desk. I have a special container set aside for you. Look for the round container on the floor with the plastic bag inside of it and each of your complaints will be addressed in a timely manner.

Thank you and have a nice day

Ya know....after reading the CNN article...I can believe it...ridiculous...absolutely.. ... especially when the last paragraph in the article says
                    In June, the Los Angeles city council unanimously passed a law requiring that any companies doing business with the city disclose profits they may have made from slavery in the 19th Century. In 2000, the council supported federal legislation seeking reparations for descendants of slaves.

That has to be the most absurd thing I've recently seen that passed into a law... :evil:

A new terminology has been selected to replace the MASTER/SLAVE referance to HDD relationship on the BUS. It has been approved as adequate and unoffensive by LA County. This terminology will now be known as the PIMP/HO relationship.
                      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

LMAO :D

ok...this law is the most bull**** law i have ever heard.... :?

Just another reason I should of been born in the 1920's. I REALLY can't wait for this Political Correctness thing to wain.

It's turning me INTO a racially insensetive biggot. I WANT to be a racist just to piss off these S P I N E L E S S losers...

Ugh...thats it...I'm moving to Alaska into a Cabin.

Originally posted by Spectre
                              Ugh...thats it...I'm moving to Alaska into a Cabin.
                              Take eternal to help you with those urges.
                              "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed