No announcement yet.

"Elite soldier accidentally fires rocket, injures self" - First Person Observer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Elite soldier accidentally fires rocket, injures self" - First Person Observer

The incident occurred when the commando inadvertently fired a missile that exploded in his vicinity, badly wounding him.

“It was an accident,” the commando explained. “I thought I was holding my binoculars but it turned out I was holding my missile launcher.”
    "It’s not a huge deal,” the gruff operative said. "If I just wait five, maybe ten seconds, I’ll fully recover from my injuries."
    Source: http://www.firstpersonobserver.com/?p=26

So, the real purpose of this thread is to draw your attention towards the fact that the always-excellent Chris Livingston (of Concerned and Living In Oblivion fame) has started (yet) another new website, The First-Person Observer! It's a The Onion-style 'news' site reporting from inside different games.
    I just wanted to tell you guys about this as I am a big fan of Chris' writing (especially Concerned) and am interested to see how this turns out.
    Last edited by westyfield; 04-16-2010, 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: "Elite soldier accidentally fires rocket, injures self" - First Person Observer

Lmao. This is classic stuff. Great find!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Re: "Elite soldier accidentally fires rocket, injures self" - First Person Observer

This sounds just like a round of PR on an insurgency map where I was steadying my RPG as an insurgent on a rooftop and when I pulled the trigger the rocket somehow hit the railing right below me, blowing myself up into the air and into oblivion.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

LOL, there's even a story for WoW players.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X