No announcement yet.

Interesting Stock Market Mistake

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Stock Market Mistake

In one of the most dizzying half-hours in stock market history, the Dow plunged nearly 1,000 points on worries about the spreading European debt crisis before paring those losses in an equally rapid rebound.

A possible culprit for the drop was a trader error in which someone entered a "b" for billion instead of an "m" for million in a trade. Multiple sources confirmed the report to CNBC and
    I find that extremely amusing for some reason.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Interesting Stock Market Mistake

Man, I bet some traders were getting ready to hang themselves over a sudden 1,000 point drop.

Wow, that must've been a BAD day at work for that poor trader who made the mistake. Doh!
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So Greece isn't collapsing followed by Spain and Portugal ?
        It was all just a typo ?
        Or is wild social spending not a sustainable course ?
        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
        So that when they turn their backs on you,
        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

I find it interesting that such a large mistake is so easy to make in the trading software. Of course, it's tricky to put in the right amount of "are you sure?" logic without it crying wolf and getting ignored.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed