Going to college doesn't make you economically smarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to college doesn't make you economically smarter

Ok, my headline isn't exactly what this survey finds, but try fitting their findings in that short space and tell me what you come up with. :p

http://econjwatch.org/articles/econo...y-of-americans

We gauge economic enlightenment based on responses to eight economic questions. A number of controversial interpretive issues attend our measure, including: (1) our designation of enlightened answers; (2) an asymmetry in sometimes challenging leftist mentalities without ever specifically challenging conservative and libertarian mentalities; (3) our simple eight-question test is merely a baseline and does not gauge the heights of economic enlightenment; and (4) a concern about response bias (namely, that less intelligent people would be less likely to participate in the survey). Even with the caveats in mind, however, the results are important. They indicate that, for people inclined to take such a survey, basic economic enlightenment is not correlated with going to college.
    Here's the 8 questions:

1. Restrictions on housing development make housing less affordable.
    Unenlightened: Disagree
    2. Mandatory licensing of professional services increases the prices of those
    services.
    3. Overall, the standard of living is higher today than it was 30 years ago.
    4. Rent control leads to housing shortages.
    5. A company with the largest market share is a monopoly.
    Unenlightened: Agree
    6. Third-world workers working for American companies overseas are being
    exploited.
    7. Free trade leads to unemployment.
    8. Minimum wage laws raise unemployment.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X