X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Spends Six Months Plotting Murder of CSS Rival

From Kotaku

Originally posted by Kotaku
    A Counter-Strike player in France has spent six months plotting a revenge attack against a man who beat him in an in-game knife fight. His eventual revenge was not in-game.

20 year-old Julien Barreaux, from Cambrai, had his Counter-Strike character "knifed" in a game late last year against another man, known only as "Mikhael". Enraged at this blight against his talents, Barreaux spent six months tracking him down in the real world.

When he eventually found the victim, Barreaux knocked on the guy's front door, then "plunged a kitchen knife into his chest" when Mikhael opened it to greet him. He missed his heart by an inch.

A local police officer told the courts "Barreaux was arrested within the hour and told us he had wanted to see his rival wiped out for killing off his character."

The judge, who locked him up for two years on a charge of causing grievous bodily harm, says of Barreaux, "You are a menace to society. I am frankly terrified of the disproportionate reaction you could have if someone looked at you the wrong way in the street."
    Obviously not a reflection on the gaming community at large (could be spun that way), but hey, there are crazy people everywhere.

Just thought you guys might think this is interesting.

Re: Man Spends Six Months Plotting Murder of CSS Rival

The good news is, I don't need to fear retribution :-p
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
      The good news is, I don't need to fear retribution :-p
      LOL
      But the guy only got 2 years in jail for attempted murder ?

It is just another lesson in NOT giving out personal info on the internet.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
        Obviously a reflection on the gaming community at large (will be spun that way), but hey, gamers are crazy people everywhere.
        Fixed it for you, in accordance to the Daily Mail's standards of journalistic integrity.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
          It is just another lesson in NOT giving out personal info on the internet.
          Dont necessarily have to. A clever person would start by getting the ip address. After that, pay 20 bucks on an IP address tracer site to give you an exact address. Truth be told, this psycho CSS stalker took about 5.75 months longer than he could have if he had been smart. Then again, stabbing someone in the chest with a kitchen knife for beating you at a CSS knife fight doesnt exactly imply intelligence. Either way, with todays technological standard, if you get online somewhere and someone is determined enough to track you down, no personal information is required.

Comment

Wow, this guy has really made me think things out. Can someone give me a batch of C4 and the address to Zhohar's house?

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by darth_napoleon View Post
              wow, this guy has really made me think things out. Can someone give me a batch of c4 and the address to zhohar's house?
              lol

Comment

Hah!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

There is an old trick call "backstrapping" where you run a phone line or in this case a cable line, from one house to another.
                  I have to be on my best behaviour so my neighbor doesn't get stabbed :)

Comment

or you could just use the peep hole in your door.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

I mean if you trace my IP to a street address, it won't be MY address, it will be my neighbors.
                      And she doesn't play video games.

Comment

So in other words, Callous is pulling out the good old

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

This pre-proxy technology.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X