World Cup 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2010

So. It takes an Englishman to start a World Cup thread.

So let’s get this started..

I don’t see you guys from the USA starting a thread at REAL football. THAT’S HOW MUCH YOU SUCK. Go back to Baseball - which we invented by the way - contrary to your historical falsehoods – as – per – usual - and your very own World Series which, now let me think, involves only the USA. LOL!

Go on England!

….I hope you all will enjoy The Beautiful Game and The Greatest Show on Earth!

We’re gonna loose now, I just jinxed us :/

(Editors note: being of English blood and French the maker of this thread holds no qualms to invade the said winner, which may involve Spain; that's a good thing.

Re: World Cup 2010

Should be a great spectacle. No personal favorites...just want to watch some good soccer or FOOTBALL as it is known in the rest of the world :)

Comment

oh yea ORANJE BOVEN, dutchies ftw! here is the theme song to the games, a nice video also

Comment

Also here are the match schedules and theres a converter on top for different time zones
        http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
          World Series which, now let me think, involves only the USA. LOL!
          Man, even the English have no respect for Canada...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Man, even the English have no respect for Canada...
              Well, Canada is basically Britain anyway. Right?

OT: Oh no, it's started. Preparing to hear nothing about anything else for the next month... preparation complete.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Mexico ties host South Africa, 1-1, in World Cup opener

I usually cheer a bit for the host country and wish them well during the World Cup. First, "Nelson Mandela's 13-year-old great-granddaughter was killed in a car accident", so he can't attend. I'm thinking, they need him there to help inspire that team, but at least South Africa got a draw, it's better than a loss. If that guy hadn't missed that kick off the post, he would have been the most celebrated and popular man in S. Africa for ages. Oh well.

Also, I'd like to personally apologize, in advance, to those TG members that live in England for the horrible loss they are going to suffer at the hands of the Americans tommorrow. Did I say hand? I'm sure thats a word that people from Ireland don't want to hear, those damn French! Anyway, I'm sure you guys from England will spend many nights tossing and turning thinking of what might have been. It's not that we don't like you in the US, it's just that we don't like you enough to spare you the humiliation of losing. I'm sure you understand, good luck being second best, let us know how that works out for you. :)

Last edited by mp40x; 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM.
                |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I am not English, clearly, I am a proud Northern Irishman, however, I will GLADLY go out and support England, expecially against the colonies!;)

Better song! ;)

Comment

Uruguay vs. France ended 0-0 group A is all tied up with everyone having 1 point. and i agree usa is gonna get whipped tomorrow lol. but u never know the ball is round, its football, they might just pull out a draw if theyre lucky

Comment

I'll be watching tomorrow. Also, here's a great interactive guide on some lesser known subtleties of the game to watch for: http://onion.com/bHRoyA

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
                        I don’t see you guys from the USA starting a thread at REAL football. THAT’S HOW MUCH YOU SUCK. Go back to Baseball - which we invented by the way - contrary to your historical falsehoods – as – per – usual - and your very own World Series which, now let me think, involves only the USA. LOL!
                        Yeah, um, search the forums for threads about football. We have at least two that are resurrected annually, one for pro football and one for college ball. However, as someone who played futbol (not FOOTBALL, you linguistic perverts) for over two decades competitively (though never professionally), I have watched every minute of the world cup available to me thus far.

Oh, and mine is better than yours:

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          However, as someone who played futbol (not FOOTBALL, you linguistic perverts)]
                          same thing different language, you know that right?

Predictions for today: S. Korea vs Greece - tie(based on s.korea's fast attack and the greek very strong defence, so i think they will neutralize each other.

Argentina vs Nigeria - Argen. will roll over them safe to say. player skill level are very far apart between the two teams

England vs USA - win for England(USA have a couple of key players that need to perform at their best in order for u.s to play at the world cup level, being dempsey and donovon. England are much more deep than they are in many positions. if these two key players perform well for the u.s they might be able to pull a draw.)

This is all in theory. The ball is still round and anything can happen.

Comment

Hooray nationalism! That's my favourite thing about the world cup, the way everyone suddenly hates every other country! Woo!
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                              England vs USA - win for England(USA have a couple of key players that need to perform at their best in order for u.s to play at the world cup level, being dempsey and donovon. England are much more deep than they are in many positions. if these two key players perform well for the u.s they might be able to pull a draw.)
                              Thats Bloody Rubbish! Ask mighty Spain about what happened to them in the Confederations Cup last year!

Ohh, and before the match, the US team has hired a psychic so the players can speak directly to George Washington for inspiration. :D
                              |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X