Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American on solo mission to kill UBL.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100615/...n_laden_hunter

PESHAWAR, Pakistan An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch (102-centimeter) sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Osama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man, identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said he wanted to cross over into the nearby Afghan province of Nuristan because he had "heard bin Laden was living there", according to officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

He was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Osama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword, a dagger and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."
    I...Honestly don't know what to say. This guy either has some gigantic balls, or a lot of beer. Props to this man, we need more of him.

Re: American on solo mission to kill UBL.

The Pakistanis basically saved this guy's life. He had zero chance of finding UBL, and just about 100% chance of being kidnapped into a situation with dangerous results.

Comment

AWESOME
      a new screen name !
      Thank You
      GrayBrooksFaulker...... a sword and a dream !
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

It seems to me that a man that heavily armed, on a mission that insane to begin with, is very unlikely to be successfully kidnapped. Killed, probably, but not kidnapped. I just don't think anyone's going to be taking him alive. :p

Comment

$25 mil is a lot of cashola. I wonder how many non-crazies are over there hunting the O.

Comment

Update, this is just a small part of the article:

More recently, Scott Faulkner said, his brother felt the U.S. government was not doing enough to bring bin Laden to justice, "and he felt that he was, as a Christian, not afraid -- that he could boldly step out and that doors would be opened for him."

"And I agree with him," Scott Faulkner said. "The fact that he's been over there six times and has not received a scratch tells me that somebody's looking after him."

Scott Faulkner said his brother "could blend in with the local population and go places that our military cannot go."

"We have relationships with the Pakistani government: 'OK. You can go in this region or you can't go in that region,' whereas my brother could go about willy-nilly," he said. "He had a long beard. He looked like Taliban. When he

wore his robe, he looked like Taliban. The only way you could tell he was not was when he spoke."
            http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc....html?hpt=Sbin
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I'm starting to like Mr. Faulkner.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X