Trouble in Paradise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble in Paradise

I can't believe this guy let Rolling Stone interview him.
    I don't think this is going to work out well for anyone, least of all the troops on the ground.
    http://markhalperin.files.wordpress....mcchrystal.pdf
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Re: Trouble in Paradise

This isn't the first time he's made out of line comments, and we all remember the Tillman cover-up. "Poor judgment" is this guy's middle name.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I'm a TG player and you follow orders.
      I am, at the same time, not an Obama supporter.
      This guy has to be fired.
      That will not be good for the war effort, although the GOP may get some mileage from it.
      MickCrystalMeth ....had a method
      He is going to be replaced with a puppet.
      But there will be at least 2 puppet masters, neither of whom is guaranteed to cooperate or communicate with the other.
      If it was a movie or a video game that might sound cool.
      But it isn't.

Comment

Well, to clarify...

Generals publicly criticizing sitting presidents is insubordination. Generals who are insubordinate can be sources of military revolts, not a good thing. If McCrystal wants to be president, he can submit his retirement paperwork, run for office and criticize the pres all he wants but no way in hell as CO of an army.

One of the reasons he's being threatened and called to the White House and etc, no matter what Hannity thinks (I listened to him blathering all day about it) is because he's violated article 88 of the UCMJ.

Text.

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Some explanations on that text:
        It is immaterial whether the words are used against the official in an official or private capacity. If not personally contemptuous, ad-verse criticism of one of the officials or legislatures named in the article in the course of a political discussion, even though emphatically expressed, may not be charged as a violation of the article.

Similarly, expressions of opinion made in a purely private conversation should not rdinarily be charged. Giving broad circulation to a written publication containing contemptuous words of the kind made punishable by this article, or the utterance of contemptuous words of this kind in the presence of military subordinates, aggravates the offense. The truth or falsity of the statements is immaterial.

Lesser included offense.

Article 80—attempts

Maximum punishment.

Dismissal, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Once he's fired, he can run for President against Obama:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_B._McClellan

(I just heard about this yesterday on the radio as I went for groceries, and the guest mentioned the parallels with McClellan. My education in a US public school never informed me of this guy.)
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

McClellan also built a lot of the shore line in lower Manhattan after the war.
            Awesome guy, sh tty Wartime general.
            But it looks like it is Petraeus as the replacement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse