Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free eBooks from Gutenberg

Gutenberg

Our books are free in the United States because their copyright has expired. They may not be free of copyright in other countries. Readers outside of the United States must check the copyright laws of their countries before downloading or redistributing our ebooks.
    We carry high quality items: Our books were previously published on paper by bona fide publishers and digitized by us with the help of thousands of volunteers.

All our ebooks can be easily downloaded: Choose between ePub, Mobipocket, HTML and simple text formats.

No fee or registration is required, but if you find Project Gutenberg useful, we kindly ask you to donate a small amount so we can buy and digitize more books. Or you can help us digitize more books or help us record audio books.

Over 100,000 free books are available through our Partners, Affiliates and Resources.
    I don't know how well known this site is but I think its great.

The only thing about the site is you have to do your own research to see what kind of laws you could be breaking.
    Last edited by Extinct; 06-30-2010, 03:17 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Free eBooks from Gutenberg

Those in the U.S. don't have to worry about any laws - all Gutenberg projects are public domain in the U.S. For some European countries, I think, technically, the author needs to have died 70+ years ago (not sure, though!).

Want free, public domain audiobooks (and poems and plays)? Browse Librivox.org - lots of good stuff here, too. :)

sigpic
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
    something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Re: Free eBooks from Gutenberg

Here is another good site which operates under the same idea, you have to check your local laws.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/index.php

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X