No announcement yet.

Are your children i-Dosing?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are your children i-Dosing?

Kids around the country are getting high on the internet, thanks to MP3s that induce a state of ecstasy. And it could be a gateway drug leading teens to real-world narcotics.

At least, that’s what Oklahoma News 9 is reporting about a phenomenon called “i-dosing,” which involves finding an online dealer who can hook you up with “digital drugs” that get you high through your headphones.
    Okay, that's kind of interesting.

And officials are taking it seriously.

“Kids are going to flock to these sites just to see what it is about and it can lead them to other places,” Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs spokesman Mark Woodward told News 9.
    Sigh. You know...the last time I checked, I'm younger than these people but I seem to recall that we called it "white noise" back in my day and it's nothing new. (I do love the subtle jabs the article takes at the report.) I honestly cannot fathom being as stupid as these policymakers evidently are.

Re: Are your children i-Dosing?

Last I heard sound and sensations aren't narcotics or dangerous drugs so Mr Woodward can shut his trap about it in an official capacity.

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Guys guys I found this great way to get high for free on the internet and it's legal! Check it out!
      Edit: Probably not a good idea if you suffer from photosensitive seizures or get dizzy/headaches easily.

Semi-serious wordy-bit: This is kinda dumb. I tried listening to that 'Gates of Hades' and lasted about two seconds. It's horrible, horrible white noise and it made my desk vibrate. I very much doubt you could get high off it, unless it's some sort of placebo effect.
      'You will get high if you listen to this.'
      'Ok. Wow, it worked, man! Duuuuuuude!'
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

So, if white noise is the new "exctasy" like they said, what does that make forum browsing here at TG? Meth?

Stupid people ftw. This is just plain old paranoia. But, I'm sure once we all get cancer from our cell phones and kids are OD'ing on internet then we will look back and say "They where right". But until then, LMAO. :)

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
          I very much doubt you could get high off it, unless it's some sort of placebo effect.
          I imagine that it's basically mimicking the effects of sensory deprivation.

That headline:
          "Teens are getting high while spending extended periods of time inside their million-dollar total sensory deprivation chambers--and why you should PANIC NOW!"

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed